This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
People from European countries insulting America?
01-16-2013, 07:55 PM
People from European countries insulting America?
I know that America has many flaws. We mess up a lot of things in the world, and act very irresponsible sometimes. But for some reason it really angers me when British people insult America. I feel like we act as a scapegoat. There is plenty of corruption going on in europe as well. This world is a screwed up place everywhere. Not just America. I am fine when Canadians insult America, I even insult a lot of what America is. I know we have problems, but why do I feel Europeans shouldn't feel so self righteous?

The other night on Twitter some people from the UK were talking about how Americans have no right to be patriotic. I kind of think I felt like just because we have issues doesn't mean we are all bad. We create so much of the world's art, movies, music, and most people from Europe are entertained and fascinated by American news and politics. We have also conributed so, much to the worlds technology.

I guess what I'm asking is why do you think I feel this way about Europe scapegoating America, and do you feel the same way? I just need to clarify

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 08:03 PM

People in Europe are angry with many things. They had to live with the Euro, currency changes, world recession, and because of the European Union HAVE TO deal with their neighbors debts as well as theirs.

When people are angry, they lash out at other things because they are already peeved and unhappy. So, if the US has issues , the do not have the patience they may otherwise have.

Ads

At least when us Canadians insult America, you know we're only joking.
It's just our twisted sense of humour, and for all our teasing you know we really do care:

Link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHL8juUZsH8
Link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGEe01oTT9I
Link - http://www.johnmckaymp.on.ca/newsshow.asp?int_id=80290
Link - http://tinyurl.com/b9mavwx
Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YXXPGGAKxY

Personally, it scares the hell out of me when people from other continents insult the US.
Because unlike us up here in Canada, those people actually mean the crazy sh*t they say.
For Europe to scapegoat the US is wrong and you've got every right to be angry about that.

1- You make a few *very* large generalisations here.

2- I wouldn't judge an entire continents of people and hundreds of different nationalities because of what some people said on the internet...

Try coming here first, and by here I mean all of our 50ish countries. (definitions vary)

Stop thinking "we" hate you and "we" will. It's really that simple.

Lots of people from lots of places have lots of reason to criticize USA....most noticeably for the endless wars and regime change policies

Tough.

Get your foreign policy aligned with the way most of the rest of us think, get your general education levels up a bit closer to ours at least and try not to be dragged around by the nose by your religious leaders so much so that you actually start to look a little bit like the democracy that you say you are.
Then maybe others will see you in a more favourable light.

Scapegoat?
You ARE the ones bombing the rest of the flippin` planet.

Technology, only as far as weapons of war are concerned, but, then again you spend more on that than the rest of the world put together, so it is only to be expected.

`We create so much of the world's art, movies, music, and most people from Europe are entertained and fascinated by American news and politics` but it is crap art and `pop` music and just violent movies for kids generally and your politics are bizarre and scary, we have to keep our eyes on you because it might be us next that gets shat on by you.
`
If you don`t like it then use your `freedoms` and `democracy` to get it changed if you do like it then just accept the fact that others might not.

You should do reflection and amendment.

Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Luke 13
2 And Jesus answered, and said unto them, Suppose ye, that these Galileans were greater sinners than all the other Galileans, because they have suffered such things?
3 I tell you, nay, but except ye amend your lives, ye shall all likewise perish.
4 Or think you that those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, were sinners above all men that dwell in Jerusalem?
5 I tell you, nay, but except ye amend your lives, ye shall all likewise perish.