This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need Help social networking site?
01-16-2013, 09:17 PM
Need Help social networking site?
Hello there,

this is actually quite hard yeah i know you probably wouldn't know well to be honest i am trying to build a social networking site but i have good ideas but my ideas has some Facebook stuff in it what i do not what know what i mean well i am thinking to my self i just on on http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/ then i am asking you guys and girls to see what it would be good with a social networking site like what should i add if you do want to help me remember when we put the website up picture the money we'll get put your email address down if u want to help me

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:23 PM

You really need to rethink this idea. You have to look at potential users-will I get many, running costs (band width, storage space, maintenance etc). And the biggest consideration is competition and let's face it, Facebook and twitter are probably the only competition but can you offer something special that Facebook can't?. You have to look at sites like bebo and my space, when Facebook started taking off, these sites started sinking fast and a lot of money went into them sites. I've been in. I. T for 16 years and seen many attempts at creating social networking sites which have never been successful because of the competition. Sure fb started with very little but at the time social networking wasn't a big thing, now it's a vicious market. I admire your eagerness to create something that could bring people together but you really have to think is it worth the hard work, long hours, financial commitment when you there are multi billion pound networks already out there?. First rule of product development - find a need and fulfill that need. There is no need I can see and the other thing of course is that if you had similar features to FB, you may find yourself answering to legal charges!!. Have a rethink and find something that is unique that nobody else offers. Don't give up and I wish you luck for the future.

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:24 PM

You can get assistance from the web design companies for design, developing and marketing your social media site to make it look better with creative ideas, trends etc.