This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How could the iPhone 5 be better than the HTC Sensation or Samsung Galaxy 2?
01-16-2013, 10:08 PM
How could the iPhone 5 be better than the HTC Sensation or Samsung Galaxy 2?
With all these amazing Android phones, why are people still so crazy about the latest and greatest iPhone? It is not a 4G phone. You can't replace the battery on those things, so if they fail then so does the phone. You cannot do nearly as much customization as you can on Android phones. HTC phones have such amazing quality, IMHO. Do people like iPhones just because they're supposedly "trendy?"

Or are they really spectacular and I'm totally missing their Wow factor?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 10:17 PM

well you know apple the innovators.....

once someone passes them they panic and sue
http://www.dailytech.com/Google+ExCEO+Ap...e22190.htm
The funny thing is that apple can’t sue for being the first touchscreen or tablet, because they weren’t,(Nokia fist touch screen, “archos” first tablet) so instead they sue for much more relevant things like, “the rounded icon corners” and “having a flat screen” or “the square shape of the phone”……..

To top it all, if you’ve seen apples 2011 presentation, they blatantly copied over five "new" features that were previously on android.
http://androidandme.com/2011/06/news/fiv...to-google/
http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/06/app...e-arrival/
1. Notification bar
2. Twitter integration
3. No need to connect to PC to sync
4. Launch apps from lock screen
5. Tabbed browsing

And not only are they copies, but apple didn’t even bother to improve, or change some of them in any way- some even have LESS features than their android counter parts, it’s basically a cheap imitation with the ever-popular iphone skin.
According to Steve jobs, these "revolutionary" new technologies that android users had since 2007 will be available on IOS5, and it would not surprise me to see some more android features from 2008 on IOS6.But the truly sad part is that due to apples marketing, in a few months, apple lovers will really think that apple invented those features and call android the copycats…yet again.

Ads

01-16-2013, 10:24 PM

Hey man

It's only because it's overrated. When people think of apple, they get shocked. Think about the ipad 2 They love it to read with, when the kindle is better. Personally, I want to get the Sensation, but don't know how will it be against the galaxy. Iphones are good, but not as good. People get excited about facetime when you have skype. Iphones have a good camera when the other phones have a better one. You see my point. Do you know which phone will be better the galaxy, sensation, or the ruby. That one will beat the phones. Could you give me cars 2 codes. Thank You
01-16-2013, 10:33 PM

Two reasons:

- The iPhone and iOS itself are designed to look as sexy as they can. It's true - everything from the graphics and visual design of iOS to the smooth flats and curves of the iPhone over the years has been designed to make the average viewer drool foamy waterfalls at first sight.

- The App Store. IMHO, everything about Android is as good or better than iOS EXCEPT for the fact that the App Store beats the Market. The sheer variety and numbers of apps is astonishing, and though a good many that are available for both OS's are free only on Android (e.g. Angry Birds), people just prefer the Apple App Store for the number of apps it has.

Don't get me wrong though - I've got an HTC, and having used it for a while, I've decided never to fork out for an iPhone ever. But there are your answers.