This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Believe in god or go to hell?
01-17-2013, 07:35 AM
Believe in god or go to hell?
I have a question that has always crossed my mind. In the bible it says that you accept Jesus as the son of god, and god as your creator or you go to hell. In the teachings of islam it says something similar to that. But my question is, when did this rule come into play? Was it from the dawn of humanity when god created people? Was it when the bible/quaran were created? And ultimately my question would be, what if hypothetically Christianity is the TRUE religion. What if I was born in a remote village in China during the time Jesus was crucified, back when there was no Facebook, Twitter, News/ Media in general, and I didn't know about the religion of Christianity or who Jesus Christ was. Would I automatically be cast down to the pits of Hell? Please give me bible references or references in the quaran rather than what you think. Its an argument that no one who practices religion can answer to me face to face so I thought I'd try on here. And sorry if I spelled some things wrong, also I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, its just a simple question. I'm not here to insult your beliefs or faith.
@Matthew: I don't know if you even read my question my friend, my question is exactly the statement you made, How can you "reject Jesus" if you don't even know who he is, or what the religion of Christianity is at that. People were on this earth before the religion of Christianity started, are they all burning in hell?
@Bibs: Thanks for the reply: So agnostics go to heaven?
@LK: THANK YOU! Some scripture! That answers one of my questions, but my second question is about the kid in China, without social media and word of mouth, he didn't know what Christianity was? He was raised in a remote village with absolute blockage of the outside world. He couldn't put 2 and 2 together when he looked around and saw gods wonderful planet? He would also go to heaven?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2013, 07:43 AM

Anybody who rejects Jesus deserves to go to Hell.

Ads

Yeah, makes lots of sense doesn't it? Christians usually "believe" because they are afraid of God.

Which god?

look some people believe differently it doesn't make them write I believe in the bible but Im not a chisitian but I'm not hitting ppl on the head about it

Everyone regardless where you are, you will have a chance to hear about God. God is impartial. And God never punish you for what you don't know that is why again the truth is exposed to all so we can be without excuse. Read Romans chapter 2 and 3.

If you have always sought the truth but not found it, you will not be condemned for that. But those who find the truth and reject it because it is inconvenient to their life style, will be held accountable. God is a just God. He is also a loving and merciful God.

Accept homosexuality or be labelled "homophobe"?

This question has been asked TOO many times, and it's boring! It exposes you as a hypocrite since you reject the answer, yet continue asking. It also shows that you're insane. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again (or asking the same question over and over again), and expecting different results.

But, ONE MORE TIME ("Second verse, same as the first!")

You go to hell for the same reason a criminal goes to prison - if you are guilty.

You can tell you are guilty or not by asking yourself if you have ever done anything that has violated your own conscience, or made you feel guilty or ashamed of yourself after.

Believing in Jesus gets you a "GET OUT OF HELL FREE" card. God is offering to grant you - with a one-lifetime offer - an undeserved and unmerited pardon for the sins you've committed.

Take it or leave it,but only blame yourself if you reject it!

As to people who have never heard of Christianity, just remember: you're either part of the solution (that is to say, you have repented of your sins and you're doing your part to reach those who have never heard), or you're part of the problem!

Also, remember that it is totally and absolutely hypocritical to whine and complain (or even ask) about a problem, when you're part of the cause!

So, will you play the hypocrite by rejecting God? By not becoming a Christian, you're condemning thousands (or even millions) of others to hell because you refuse to go warn them! It's as bad as, if not worse than, a fire-fighter rescue working sitting outside a burning building playing his Nintendo, while people inside are screaming for help! And you fit the bill! No wonder there is a hell for people like you! Turn and repent while you can, God doesn't want ANY body in hell, but you're pushing Him away as He is trying to rescue you! (What kind of fool would push away a rescuer like that?)

But in any case, when you stand before God, and you have no excuse for your sins or for your rejection of His offer to set you free from your sins and their eternal consequences, you have no one to blame but yourself, and you'll see clearly exactly why hell exists, and people in hell will know why they are there, and they will have no arguments against a just and fair and righteous God who judges all people equally.
N

Anyone who has not received the Da`wah (Invitation to Islaam) in the life of this world and died ignorant of the truth will be tested on the Day of Resurrection, according to the most correct opinion maintained by scholars. If they succeed (by accepting the truth), they will be admitted into Paradise. But if they oppose the truth, they will be cast into Hellfire.

This applies to all people categorized as Ahl-ul-Fatrah who have not received Da`wah.

The proof of this is in the following verse:

17:15 ...And never would We punish until We sent a messenger..