This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My read dead redemption game dident save!?
01-17-2013, 09:22 AM
My read dead redemption game dident save!?
I got red dead redemption for Christmason Xbox and Iv played it every day, to me it was the best game Iv ever Played!!!!but one day I wanted to go play it some more and it started all over at the beginning, I was so sad I almost died!!What should I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2013, 09:30 AM

Get a life

Ads

01-17-2013, 09:30 AM

Found this on the rockstar support site when I checked online.

Question: I turned on Red Dead Redemption and my save files are gone. What happened?

Answer: There could be two causes to this issue.

Firstly, we recently added save game encryption to RDR in order to prevent people from cheating. A side effect of this is that if you have played on the latest patch your save data will no longer work with previous patches, so if you are playing on a different console, or have cleared your cache this could explain it. If this is the case, reinstalling the latest patch should cause your save to reappear, providing you have not overwritten it since then.

The other possible cause of this could be that your save game has become corrupted. This would most likely be caused by losing power to your console at the end of a multiplayer session, either through a power cut, or if you manually turned your console off while it was accessing your save data at the end of a game. It is also possible that playing with a dirty or damaged disc could result in unexpected crashes, increasing the likelihood of save file corruption.

If this is the case then unfortunately you cannot get your progress back, as it is only stored in this save file on your console.

If you find out that you did lose Multiplayer progress, we would recommend taking advantage of our Social Club Multiplayer events and 3x/4x XP events to level up quickly. Also, we frequently announce with no prior notice that we have activated bonus XP on Facebook and Twitter and we are happy to play with players who want to level up quickly.