This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Real name or is my nick name ok?.?
01-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Real name or is my nick name ok?.?
So I just started working but I put everything like twitter, Facebook, PayPal, etc... Under my nickname not my full name (nickname is Vito Huizar... Full name is Vittorio Huizar) do you think this creates a problem? I work in the motion picture industry and even on the call sheet I'm under Vito Huizar because I didn't think about it since I always use my nickname. I mostly worried about finance of course, don't think anything else should be a problem. Unless you guys can think of anything else. Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2013, 04:27 PM

Using Vito instead of Vittorio is just fine for Twitter and Facebook. For PayPal it is a little more important to be consistent with your banking, but you can change it on PayPal if you need to. You should leave Twitter and Facebook as the name you've established, don't change it now.

For work, that's fine if you are known as Vito. However, it is important that you use the same name on bank account and your social security card (and passport, if you have one), when you fill out applications for jobs, or sign contracts or whatever arrangements that people in the motion picture industry make. There's an actor's union, and a writer's union, so if you're in one of them, use the name that is on your bank account and social security card. Be very consistent about this! If your bank and social security card say Vito, use that. If they say "Vittorio", then use "Vittorio". For all other things, you can keep using Vito.

EDIT: If you use LinkedIn, I'd suggest using your real name, unless doing so will mean people can't find you when they look you up in search!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply