This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does any one have a question as to what is going on with your tax returns?
10-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Does any one have a question as to what is going on with your tax returns?
I have some information that I have been gathering the past couple of days and thought I would share and hopefully help clear some things up for everyone. Don't slaughter me for not asking a question that needs an answer as I am just trying to help the uninformed.
I spoke to two IRS reps in the past two days. This is what I was told.... The refunds that were sent in by tax preparers early and were accepted on the 17th and some on the 18th were accepted into the old IRS system. The ones accepted after that were accepted into the new system. The ones accepted in the old system are stuck in the system until they trickle their way out into the new system. All the while new returns are coming in slowing down the entire system. They do not have any answers nor do they want to even try to be compassionate regarding your inquiries. In fact they are down right rude, disgusting, and repulsive. I contacted my local news this evening as I have noticed that people are left just not knowing what is going on. Minutes after my local news station contacted the IRS this statement was released: http://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins...DY.twitter In my opinion the statement makes light of the situation and out right lies about what really is going on. I have some information that may help you in knowing whether or not you are on the old system or new system. On your tax returns ( I filed turbo tax so I found this right above my name on the page titled Electronic Filing Instructions) you will either find the words " Declaration Control Number" or in some cases "DCN" which means you were processed in the old system or "ID" which means you were processed in the new system. The ones that were processed in the old system are sending out a generic message that you should receive your refund by the 31st. As your return is accepted into the new system you will get a updated message on the Where's My Refund site. Which is why some have now seen the updates message that they will receive their refund on the 30th. At this point all we can do is wait for that update. They will not tell us how long it will take for the system to catch up. At this point it seems as if they are not even telling the truth about what is really going on. If you were processed in the old system, chances are you are going to be waiting for your return to find it's way out to the new system. I hope this information helps you and that you get your return sooner than later. Good Luck.
Yes that was me just now on the Fox 2 News in Detroit. People are not aware of what is going on and I am going to be one that makes sure they do!
Sahmonth- I want to make it clear that i am not stating this from speculation but from what the IRS representative that I spoke with on 1/25/2012 have stated to me.
So now that I have said that I will clear up the fact the the message that I referred to as "generic" from the 31st, yes that message is sent out each year and is a valid message. Every one will receive 2 messages on the IRS WMR site. First one saying when you "should" receive it the second when it WILL be deposited. Her in lies the problem. Those of us that are sitting here with the message of the 31st, that date is incorrect. As our returns are filtered through to the new system which obviously some have been the date will update to the WILL be deposited date. Some of those have already happened. As has yours therefore giving you your accurate deposit date. As for the rest of us that are still with the "31st" message. We are still stuck in the old system. You are one of the lucky ones that
has already filtered out. As for the rest of us it's a gamble as we are relying on a system to release ours. And yes the fact that there are still returns coming in makes it that much longer because those are still processing. Making ours lag that much more behind.

So I will clear up by saying if you have received a new update that tells you when you WILL receive your refund, your return has been filtered from the old system and into the new one.

Also know that I have done my research well before posting this as to not speculate.

One must also ask since this problem was here since Jan 17th why is it that it took a phone call from Fox 2 News in Detroit to the IRS for them to even admit to any type of delay? 10 days later.

Colleen- The reason you can't access your information is after so many logins it locks you out. You can call 800-829-1040 and access the same information as many times as you want to. This gives you the same info as the website
Charity- I saw someone else on here that filed with TaxSlayer also and that theirs did not have either. I filed with Turbo tax and I can tell you that on my Electronic Filing Instructions Page above my name were the words "Declaration Control Number". There was no actual number after it. It has been told by the IRS representatives that this confirms you were on the old system. I do not know why Tax Slayer does not have either. I do not know if it is located somewhere else amongst your papers or if it doesn't show it at all. I do know though that we are being told that if you have a SHOULD be date of the 31st to not count on it. Many have reported that the 31st date has been updated to the 30th as an actual deposit date. Many of us have nt seen any change. It was said to me that once your return pulls to the other system it will change, Until then you are in the old system. I hope and pray just like the rest of you that they do pull and that they pull fast. It is now the l
last week of the month and as we speak even more returns are flooding in leaving ours buried even more.

I would also like to say that for some reason if we all wake in the morning to find our refunds in our accounts I will first start off by doing cartwheels through out my house, followed by an apology to you all for relaying the misinformation that I was given by the IRS. I do not post anything but what was told to me by the IRS. Now if they are misinformed, I apologize for relaying that info on. But I can't sit back after this information being told to me and not make people aware. We all want answers. Can I say that this is fact? Based on what the IRS rep said to me, I would say and bet that yes it is. Can I say that it is speculation on my part? No I can't. Based on the bulletin that was released 10 minutes after the whistle was blown on the IRS issue, we are left with even more questions. Is the IRS lying now. Or are the reps lying? We truly don't know. But I do know
one thing. I was supposed to get my refund on the 25th and I am sitting here empty handed. The news station has already asked me for a report back next week as to whether the IRS is being truthful that we will get them in a week. I hope and pray that I can answer yes to them.
one thing. I was supposed to get my refund on the 25th and I am sitting here empty handed. The news station has already asked me for a report back next week as to whether the IRS is being truthful that we will get them in a week. I hope and pray that I can answer yes to them.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 05:52 PM

You look just like the lady I just seen on channel 2 news in Detroit?? Sorry if I'm wrong anywho I'm still getting the by 1/31 date IRS rep told me if there was no errors or offsets I should see something on the 3rd but who knows cause they have been lying alot

Ads

Thanks! Well it seems to me that the rest of us 1/31ster's should be up next to get a dd date for our refund since some has already gotten a dd date or gotten the refund already. are the rest of ours at the bottom of the pile getting smothered by the new returns coming in,which would explain why some that filed after us has gotten theirs already or has gotten an dd date. GO FIGURE!

I filed with Taxslayer and I don't have a DCN or an Submission Id. Wth is that I wonder????

And ALL of this is only speculation.

My return was accepted on the 17th, and according to your information into the new system (not the old) as I have a submission ID. However, I have seen posts try to state that submission ID means old and DCN means new and vice versa.

I have spoken to two IRS reps- not to inquire about my refund but to inquire about an issue that caused an error last year and wanting to make sure it had, in fact, been resolved and was not an issue again this year. One was very polite, one was very rude.

I had the "by" the 31st until this morning when it updated to a deposit on the 30th. In ALL prior years, I have received a "by" date that then updates to an actual deposit date. This is standard policy and not a "generic" message.

I know you have good intentions, but it really is NOT helpful to anyone when you are posting speculation and not fact.

My status jumped from 1/31 to 2/21 this morning, and I used TT and I show on my form DCN: BLANK no number, but I was confused because people were saying it was the new and old system, so does this mean I am in the old system? I read an article earlier that the IRS implemented a new fraud detection system and that is the true reason for the delays and those held back more than a week are due to problems they found in our specific taxes and are pending further investigation, but I still can't get a confirmation that is true????Anyone else know???

This is so annoying Sad I have been checking wmr throughout the day and it had said the 31st, but now it says I may have entered my information incorrectly. So, now I cannot check it, but I have high hopes and big dreams that it's being updated. I know I have a DCN so that means I am in limbo. A few years ago I had to pay and I paid late, of course there was interest and penalties and excuses are not accepted. Too bad we can't charge the IRS interest and penalties :/

Instant Tax Services who prepared my taxes just called me to advice that IRS had sent them email that due to software problem the earliest projected date for any DD will be Feb. 7. She said they had rep on phone with IRS at that moment to get a more exact date. I told her my WMR site says by 31Jan but she said don't count on it as they will not be releasing any deposits or checks for the time being. Please prove this to be wrong, if anyone receives any deposits 2morrow come back and update the rest of us as I am hoping that maybe some of us would be able to receive it since I read that some people has already received theirs Wed and Yesterday. Maybe a few more will go through that so called "glitch". According to tax preparer my return was sent thru new system. Boo!

This is great information however I am not sure how true this is. I filed Taxslayer and I do not have a DCN number therefore according to your theory I would be in the new system....correct? Then why would I have the 31st generic message? If your theory is correct, then I should have already had a WILL deposit date. How could I possibly be in the old system if I wasn't issued a DCN number upon acceptance on 1/18?

Hi Michelle, I wanted to see if you happen to have gotten an update today? From what I am reading most of us have. My WMR still says processing but when I placed a call to the IRS they said my DD WILL be depoisted 2/1. I just wanted to check on you Smile

I believe you received some misguided information from the IRS rep.

There are several systems the IRS uses to fully process an e-filed return. The initial system screens the return for errors that would prevent processing, such as incorrect or previously used SSNs, incorrect names, etc. The IRS fully implemented a new system called Modernized e-File this year. This is the system that uses "ID" instead of the "DCN." One of its advantages is that it reduces the time to accept a return from 24-48 hours to almost immediately. There was a glich in this system around the 17th which required some to have to resubmit (I was one) to the old system. That problem has been fixed.

According to the news release from the IRS earlier today, the reason many refunds are being delayed is due to the need to "fine-tune" the fraud detection program used to detect questionable returns. I suspect the program was too sensitive and was blocking too many refunds. Understandably, the IRS doesn't want to give too many details as to how the system works as that could tip the crooks off.

Once the return passes through the fraud program, it is processed by the new system known as CADE 2, which unlike the old system, can post transactions daily and release refunds in as little as 4 business days.

There's no conspiracy on the part of the IRS. I can tell you for certain from when I was a telephone collection representative at the IRS that it often took quite a while to pinpoint a systems problem. This is not surprising given the vast number of inter-related systems the IRS uses. It's also a fact that the typical phone rep doesn't usually have a comprehensive knowledge of how all the systems work. I was still learning things after several years on the job. It's enough to be able to know how YOUR job works, let alone someone else's,

Some reps want to be helpful and offer information that may just be speculation. They are frustrated with not being able to always provide a concrete answer. An example is when someone inquires about when they will get the refund. Unless they see the code on their computer screen that firmly indicates the refund date, they state the generic "three weeks." That's precisely what their manual instructs them to do.

I'm confident these problems will be fixed soon and refunds will start flowing.

Michelle, I have a submission ID number,not a DCN. WMR 01/31/12. So it even people with Submission ID's have the general response of No Later than 01/31/12. I think the IRS was just overwhelmed with all the returns, and have a backlog. I have checked WMR every day message never change 01/31/12. Yesterday it took me to a new page, telling me please allow 3 weeks for processing. I said wait a minute, why did this change? So I called the teletax number it had also changed from 01/31/12 to still processing please allow up to 3 weeks. I checked WMR this morning, and it back to 01/31/12.