This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's an Amber Alert?
01-17-2013, 10:16 PM
What's an Amber Alert?
I keep seeing it trend on Twitter and everyone's saying that they're getting it on their phones. And my phones been beeping out of no where, so I think maybe that's it. At first I thought it was BGC season 4 trending, but people started talking about how it freaks them out, and how it saves lives, and started comparing it to the mayans. I don't get it. What is it?
Oops! Wrong category! Whatever!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2013, 10:24 PM

An amber alert is when somebody goes missing, gets kidnapped. They put it all over the news, radio, send text messages and usually when they do this they always end up finding the person who is missing.

Ads

Amber Alert are for children under the age of 18 who has been abducted,kidnapped or missing.. So when that happens they sound the alert system.

An Amber Alert is a missing child alert that local and state police put out when a child has either run away or has been abducted. So there is a missing child in your state or area.

An AMBER Alert or a Child Abduction Emergency (SAME) is a child abduction alert bulletin in several countries throughout the world, issued upon the suspected abduction of a child, since 1996. AMBER is officially a backronym for "America's Missing: Broadcasting Emergency Response" but was originally named for Amber Hagerman, a 9-year-old child who was abducted and murdered in Arlington, Texas in 1996.