This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What capacity iPad would best fit my needs?
01-17-2013, 10:31 PM
What capacity iPad would best fit my needs?
I'd like to get opinions from you guys on which capacity iPad and iPhone you think would best fit my needs with respect to the activities I plan on using my iPad for. I don't own any mobile Apple devices so I'm not really familiar with how much capacity I might need.

Right now, I'm almost certain to go with 16GB iPhone 4S and 16GB iPad (3rd generation), but, like I mentioned above, I'd like your opinions.

For my iPad, I would plan on using it for:

- streaming movies daily (from websites that offer free movies)
- browsing the internet (Google, different forums, reading blogs)
- YouTube videos (streamed)
- few fun game applications (like Angry Birds, Piano, Garage Band)
- read news with apps like CNN, e-books
- Facebooking, Skype, Facetime

For my iPhone, I would plan on using it for:

- phone calls, texting, very brief internet browsing
- Pandora (non-downloaded music)
- Twitter, Instagram
- Siri
- applications for convenience (Google Maps, traffic applications)
- other misc. applications (checking stocks, weather, etc.)
- checking emails several times daily

I have an 80GB iPod classic, so music would *NOT* be stored on either device. Pictures and files would also be stored on my laptop at home or in a cloud program like DropBox. The only thing that I would maybe store on my iPad would be movies occasionally (but would be replaced daily instead of stored permanently) and pictures taken on my iPad. For my iPhone, the only things I would store on it would most likely only be pictures taken with the iPhone.

Given this information, would a 16GB iPhone 4S and a 16GB iPad 3G seem feasible for me? Or would you recommend me bumping up in size?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2013, 10:39 PM

i have a 160GB classic and it holds all my stuff and i have a ton of videos and music you should just get a 160GB classic.

Ads

01-17-2013, 10:39 PM

Apple Inc. Origin: formerly Apple Computer, Inc., is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Cupertino, California that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and personal computers. The company was founded on April 1, 1976, and incorporated on January 3, 1977. The word "Computer" was removed from its name on January 9, 2007, to reflect its shifted focus towards consumer electronics after the introduction of the iPhone.Its best-known hardware products are the Mac line of computers, the iPod, the iPhone and the iPad. Its software includes the OS X and iOS operating systems, the iTunes media browser, and the iLife and iWork creativity and production suites.