This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do see monthly balance in MS money is I have money market account in BoA?
01-18-2013, 07:27 AM
How do see monthly balance in MS money is I have money market account in BoA?
I use MS money and entered my checking and market money account. However I cannot see in any report my overall monthly balance. I just balance for the checking.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2013, 07:35 AM

Banking
September 1999 • Vol.5 Issue 9

Using Bank Of America

If you live in California, in addition to the sun and surf you also have access to the full range of online services from the Bank of America (http://www.bankamerica.com). If you don't live in California, then features that are available to you as a customer of the Bank of America will vary according to where your accounts are, but there's still plenty of neat features that make this site worth checking out. (NOTE: At the time of this writing, accounts based with California, Texas, and New Mexico branches will have access to the widest range of services with Bank of America online banking.)

If you are a Bank of America customer and have accounts with a branch that is not in one of the three aforementioned states, you will still have access to online banking for your BankAmerica credit cards. BankAmerica credit cards include BankAmerica Visa Gold, Gold MasterCard, a standard BankAmericard Visa or MasterCard, or the America West FlightFund Visa Card. However, to access your checking and other accounts, you must use the bank's proprietary dial-up access software. This will eventually change as the bank migrates its services to the Internet.

The services available to you if you do have accounts with branches in California, Texas, or New Mexico differ according to the individual state. However, the services available include access to your BankAmerica cards as well as your savings and checking accounts online. In time, the full range of services will come to customers from the other states, but they're not available yet.

Enrolling For An Account.

The Bank of America site falls prey to using some terminology that may be confusing to novice users. It draws a distinction between BankAmericard and HomeBanking services. BankAmericard is the section devoted to credit card information, while the other portion is dedicated to checking and savings accounts. You'll need to be clear on what services are available to you in your area before you can use these services. This depends on the state in which your accounts are. As a rule of thumb, if you're from a state other than California, Texas or New Mexico, chances are that all you can use right now is BankAmericard online so that's what you should be looking at. You'll only need to sign in once to access both types of accounts if HomeBanking and Bank-Americard are available to you.

You can enroll for access to BankAmericard online or HomeBanking online. All that's needed are details of your accounts, personal details such as your Social Security number, and a suitable Web browser. Provided you're using Netscape 3.01 or later or Internet Explorer 4.x, you'll be OK, but the site does make extensive use of JavaScript, so be sure to have the JavaScript option on in your Web browser's settings.. There is an excellent explanation of the browser requirements at http://www.bankamerica.com/online/browser_reqs.html and there are also links for downloading the most recent browser version from Netscape and Microsoft.

Additionally, you can gain access via America Online, WebTV, or a 3Com Palm VII personal data assistant (PDA). However, none of these alternative access methods were tested for this review. Once you've typed your ID and passcode, you can begin to access the site. However, there's one Navigation tip to which you should pay careful attention. While you may normally use your browser's Back and Forward buttons to navigate Web sites, do not do it here. Because of the way the BankAmerica Web site is designed, you can get into real trouble using the browser buttons to move around. Back and Forward button navigation can cause error messages and lead to you being timed out of your own session. To avoid this problem, always use the site's own proprietary menus to move around.

When you finish your session you should select the Sign Out option to close down the session. However, like many other security-intensive sites, you'll eventually be timed-out (disconnected from the service) after a present amount of non-activity. If this occurs, you'll simply need to enter your online ID and passcode to access the service again.

A Plethora Of Options.

As soon as you enroll for online banking, you'll get immediate access to your account details. You'll see a summary of the total balances for your checking, credit, and savings accounts. Individual balances are also available from here. You can get full transaction details for checking and credit card accounts, because each payment or deposit is individually noted with a date, description, amount, and running balance of the account in question.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply