This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forever21 Corporate Social Responsibility?
01-18-2013, 11:34 PM
Forever21 Corporate Social Responsibility?
How is Forever21's corporate social responsibility really like?
I am listing stores that I am refusing to shop at for their lack of labor responsibility. Forever21 is a store I have been looking into but many sites lead me to believe that the clothing is made in the U.S. but all the clothing that I have previously bought from them says Made in China. I don't mind production in China. I just want to make sure the people are getting paid fair wages and treated correctly. I know Forever21 got into problems with immigrants in L.A. for poor working practices. However, I want more reassuring facts than they've changed their ways and only produce in the U.S. I feel like there is little transparency, despite whatever their site may claim. Does any know any information on labor practices and transparency for the company Forever21? If anyone knows of any other mainstream ethical company, like American Apparel, I would deeply appreciate your advice. Thanks in advance Smile !!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2013, 11:42 PM

Forever 21 is an American chain of clothing retailers with branches in major cities in the US, Puerto Rico, Canada, Europe, Asia, Latin American and the Middle East.

Forever 21's marketing image is based around made-in-the-USA merchandise produced in California, however most product pages indicate items are imported. Forever 21's merchandise does not have uniform specifications, quality, patterns or even sizes; these vary by supplier.

In Nov 2001 the company agreed to take steps to ensure that its garments were not made in sweatshops.

In 2004 under pressure from PETA, Forever 21 agreed to stop selling clothing made with animal fur.

for other controversies surrounding Forever 21 follow the wiki link below.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply