This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you play Final Fantasy XIV online?
01-19-2013, 01:31 AM
How do you play Final Fantasy XIV online?
I like Final Fantasy, I found out you can play online! But how exactly, and where? I tried ... but couldn't find. SOME ONE HELP PLEASE

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2013, 01:39 AM

You buy it.

It's only on PC for now, its coming to PS3, and I think Xbox as well (it's an Online game only, there is no singleplayer). Costs like, $9.99 a month to play

It's basically an MMORPG (like WoW and such)

Final Fantasy XI was also online in a similar fashion

Ads

FFXIV was shut down, so DO NOT purchase this because it is NOT playable!
You will have to wait for the fixed up version to come out: FFXIV A Realm Reborn, to play this game.
Or there's always FFXI for the PS2.
They are massive multiplayer online role playing games (MMORPG). Meaning everyone playing the game at the same time you are can see and interact with you.

As Stan said, the original FFXIV is shut down and you cannot play. The redo, reboot, retry ... mulligan Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is currently in alpha testing with beta scheduled to start mid February. You can keep a look out for the beta test applications which should be available soon. I'd follow @FF_XIV_EN (the official FFXIV feed) on twitter for more information.

It is just speculation, but I would assume sometime around May maybe June we might see the game. And at that point you will just have to go buy it from Gamestop or the like. If I remember the pricing for the original it was something like $9.99 for an account and $3.00 for each character (so if you had one character it is $12.99 a month to play) if they keep the same pricing.

Final Fantasy XIV is currently down, do *not* buy it right now. The game was released years too early, and despite generally negative feedback on the early betas, and almost sank SquareEnix. They shuffled the development team, suspended the subscription fee, and started to work out patches to try to fix it.

In the end SquareEnix decided the rebuild would be too extensive, and announced that they were going to take down the old Final Fantasy XIV servers and completely rebuild the game into a "new" game: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. That game is in early Alpha now, with betas coming in February and a release in 'mid-2013'.

You will have to purchase an account (by either buying it online or getting a box in a store) and there will be a subscription fee. How much has not been officially announced yet.

If you want to play Final Fantasy online. Final Fantasy XI is also an online only MMO, it is still up and running and is moderately popular. It has not gone free-2-play unlike a lot of its contemporaries, you will have to buy and account and pay a subscription fee.