This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do so many people think this is weird?
01-19-2013, 02:40 AM
Why do so many people think this is weird?
When browsing Yahoo answers, and when looking around with the search function on Twitter, I have noticed quite the stigma towards going to see a film in the theatre by yourself. People seem to think that it is weird or embarrassing. Why do people think this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2013, 02:48 AM

Ask Fred Willard what happened when he went to a film by himself, then I'm sure you will understand.

Ads

Because of where you live. Where I live people do it all the time

They just don't want people to think they are lonely so they think anyone who goes alone is.

The people that think that way are usually very young or very immature. When they grow up a bit, they'll realise that there's nothing embarrassing about going out by yourself.

I go to the cinema by myself all the time. I don't care what other people think. You can actually watch the movie you want to watch when you go by yourself

Because it's generally meant to be a social thing, i personally couldn't care less.

I find the cinema more enjoyable when one if my stupid friends isn't ruining the movie. going by yourself is the best way to go.

Not weird, but it gets lonely.

It's also seen as socially weird to go out to eat at a restaurant by oneself- I'm not sure why either. It seems really weird. A person should be able to do fun things by him/herself if s/he wants!