This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TWITTER?..what does it mean when people request to follow me?
01-19-2013, 02:57 AM
TWITTER?..what does it mean when people request to follow me?
Being a senior i cannot wrap my brain around the concept of twitter & Facebook, why do so many people ask to friend me? or request to follow me?... am i suppose to be actively doing something? I am following Ellen DeGeneres, but see no difference in what's going on than before i started following her, so why are these two sites so popular, &f i let someone befriend, or follow me, (how does the selection process work?)does that indicate to them that we are destined text pals? (Thank you & Happy holidays)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2013, 03:05 AM

When some one requests to follow you on Twitter, it means that if you write any message on Twitter, they will see them. They are basically following you like you follow Ellen. On Facebook if they send you a friend request, then they will see any messages or photos that you put on your page and vice-versa.

Ads

01-19-2013, 03:05 AM

Agree with jacques reply.
Basically it is a way to be connected--they can see what you are posting, and you can see what they are up to.