This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to except myself and stop comparing myself to other girls?
01-19-2013, 09:07 AM
How to except myself and stop comparing myself to other girls?
I always see pretty girls on facebook and I feel down because they look great and I dont know but I feel with low self esteem basically?????? HELP please

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2013, 09:15 AM

I've fought self esteem for many years. So I understand where you are coming from.

I think you mean "accept" yourself not except.

The best thing that helps me when looking at other girls/women and feeling they are pretty while I am not is reminding myself that everyone often feels bad about their looks.

I have a few friends are well known celebrities. Plus I know some are regular costars often getting the "best friend" role and not the main role. But my point is all of them have self esteem problems too. They doubt themselves even if they are "leading lady" in a movie or tv show.

They are judged way more than we are on a daily bases.

One friend was on Dancing with the Stars. Out of respect I'm not giving any names. But tears came to my eyes that night on Twitter when tons of people were saying she was fat and ugly.

Other times I will be on IMDB.com and read reviews about tv shows or movies they are in. People are so hateful! It is awful. Putting down everything from ankles to their butt.

So be thankful you are not in the spot light like them. I sure couldn't handle it.

Next accept who you are. Be thankful you are different and not just another blond, blue eyes teenage girls with long flowing hair. You are you.

I hate how I look. I rarely put a photo of myself online. When we come back from vacation I will often delete photos of myself. I know I'm not the only one who does that.

I don't like what I see in the mirror either. Everyone feels this way.

The thing that helps me most is my Christian faith. I believe God created me in His own image. He loves me and He made me look the way I look. So if I hate what i see in the mirror or put myself down then I am hating something HE created. That is wrong in my eyes as a Christian so I struggle hard to remember that.

Also remember real friends and family will not put you down about your looks. They see you for who you are. They see your personality, how you care for others, how you are not selfish and all the good points about you.

I doubt you look at your friends as - the fat one, the one with dull hair, the one with freckles or the one with a big nose. That would be mean wouldn't???? Well, your friends are the same.

Plus what you think of as a flaw could be something they love about you.

Accepting yourself and fighting self esteem is a daily battle. It is something you need to knock down daily. When negative thoughts come into your mind remind yourself that they are only -

LIES YOU TELL YOURSELF

Because hopefully no one else is telling you that you are ugly or fat or your eyes are the wrong size.

Those are words you tell yourself and they are lies. When you hear that in your mind push it away quickly.

Ads

i know how you feel, its natural to feel jealous. but it doesnt benefit anyone in any way. everyone is special in their own way, and there are probably some people jealous of you! maybe take a pretty picture for facebook to boost yourself esteem. Because you really are beautiful, you just dont realize it. you are who you are and thats just way it is. time to love yourself! and remember, the girls who you are jealous probably feel the same way. maybe get a new outfit or haircut, new makeup, to make you feel refreshed.

Go on youtube and find a video by typing "why girls hate each other"
it's the simpke truth about everything really

the video is by Jenna Marbles.. i cant post the link cause im on my tablet and havent learned how