This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Twitter isssssssssss confussingggg.!! HELP?
10-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Twitter isssssssssss confussingggg.!! HELP?
How does Twitter work? What does it mean by like for example: #prankstersontheloose
with the "#" sign in front.?
RT means Re-tweet...but its so confusing..what does that do?? So complicated these days..lmao.
Please help full credit if yuu answerr all thiss>.<

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 06:45 PM

i didnt understand it either i gave up in the first hour = (

Ads

10-11-2012, 06:45 PM

A word or phrase with a # sign in front of it is called a hashtag. Twitter’s architects didn’t invent hashtags. Users created them on the fly, as a way to tag their tweets with searchable topics. Most, like #swineflu, are serious: “Three more cases #swineflu locally.” But Twitterers also use hashtags jokingly to comment on a situation or express a mood: “Anyone want to go to Sliders for lunch? #hungry #nom #nom #nom”

Retweet
When Twitter users want to spread a good tweet, they cut and paste it into their own What are you doing box, and add the letters RT in front of it, plus the user name of the original tweeter. For example, I could retweet David Pogue’s question of the day: “RT @pogue TODAY’S BOOK QUESTION (see http://bit.ly/2b8FQ ): What is your greatest regret?”