This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Manager has been tweeting about me?
01-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Manager has been tweeting about me?
My boss has left various tweets about me on her twitter account.

Including "1 week left at work, can't wait to get away from this girl", "go me for having a backbone and standing up to the girl at work" and "she thinks she's the boss, she ain't, I am!" To name a few.

Highly unprofessional. While my name is not mentioned there are only 2 other girls to choose from and seeing as we don't get on I'd say it was me.

My manager is new to her position and not very good at it. And from others opinions she sees me as a threat.

She is the week manager, we have an area manager and then the owners.

The owners don't get as involved as they should but they live far away hence the area manager deals with everything for them.

I am looking very hard to leave this company ASAP. In the meantime I do not wish to drop this matter as I personally feel too many people have pushed me a little too far.

So any help with this matter. I am taking it very seriously and wish for anyone with sensible suggestions to please respond.

Thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2013, 03:22 PM

Report it

Ads

Whilst I know it's annoying when anyone talks about you it's none of your business what she tweets, why are u intruding on her tweets??

Stand up against and think of good comeback and tweet them
ie something to make her stop

Give me her name on twitter ill give her a telling off lol

send the owners an email, linking to the tweets. it is unprofessional to say things like that about your co-workers, but perhaps it's not a big enough of a deal for the owners to take action.

but i'd say don't DEMAND that something be done - just a polite and relaxed message, otherwise it could negative implications for YOU!

I know you really don't want to drop it and you're taking it personally, but the best policy is to just ignore it and forget about it.

It won't reflect very well on you when trying to get new employment if you seem bitter at all, even if it's justified. The market these days is all about your attitude, and if you have a bad one...well, you're screwed.

Also, don't even think about bringing it up, or treating the manager any differently than how you would treat any other bosses/coworkers/customers. Because he/she IS the manager right now, if you do leave, they have complete control over whether or not you get a new job. Prospective employers contact the most recent supervisor in an attempt to get the most up to date feel on a potential employee. The worse you treat your manager, the worse off you'll be.

Sorry but your boss is fudging unprofessional for doing that don't care what anyone thinks just report it straight away.

save them and take that witch to the employment tribunal....