This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I admit - Gary Neville's 'tugging the badge' celebration vs Liverpool was the most passionate ?
01-19-2013, 05:23 PM
I admit - Gary Neville's 'tugging the badge' celebration vs Liverpool was the most passionate ?
and most iconic and memorable celebration i've ever seen in the history of the Premier League - like Giggs, the game against us was to him 'the biggest fixture' for United - well it was to him anyway, Gary Neville displayed nothing more than fierce loyalty, passion and jubiliation - all combined into one unique emotion that summed up , in his own actions what it felt like for him personnaly - to break the hearts of Liverpool fans with a late goal at Old Trafford.

It simply puts the fixture under the spotlight more in Europe and they're reminded what its all about.

I think No other celebration in a Man United v Liverpool game to date - has summed up what it means to come out on top, more than Gary Neville's celerbation - provocation yeah, but thats a testament to ourselves in that one of the legends regarded us as their biggest rivals ahead of any other club in England end of.

Him and Lee Dixon were the two best Right Backs in EPL history - others have to be compared and measured up to those two imo and the best RB today falls short of both those guys.

Lee Dixon was the ultimate professional and a rock - Gary Neville was simply the most complete RB United have had in years.

I hope we play our part in making this fixture between the two most decorated clubs in English football as the game of the season as we enter the new year and meet again at Old Trafford.

I hope both sides play their best football yet - and win lose or draw I hope its a good advert for English football despite our league being dominated by foreign talent lol

Gary Neville's words not mine:

' Over the years, I could hardly be said to have been a peacemaker when it came to the rivalry between United and Liverpool. My story is well known, how I grew up a Manchester United fan resenting the fact that Liverpool were winning all their league titles.

The dreadful feeling I had as I watched Liverpool winning all those titles is a strong childhood memory. I couldn’t bear to hear You’ll Never Walk Alone when I played against them. Liverpool have always been United’s greatest rivals and it has always been the game I wanted to win more than any other. So I don’t mean to get on my moral high horse now.

However, the thought that I or any United fan could take pleasure in the young men and women of Liverpool being crushed to death, or that any Liverpool fan could sing about those young players dying in a plane crash, is something I can’t get my head round.

I relish this rivalry more than anyone but I’m also a sane human being with feelings and a family. As a husband and a father, that level of hatred is beyond my comprehension. '

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footbal...z2FLbmXQcH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2013, 05:31 PM

I don't believe so anyway.

Cheers.

Ads

thats has too be the best synopsis question i have ever seen they are bigger than my melons oh lordy now thats saying something well just!

Gary Neville is surprisingly easy to like now that he's a pundit.

ste gerrards kissing the camera was up there, im a man utd fan so i love gary neville and i love the rivalry when its sensible, but ive read gary neville, ste gerrard and jamie carraghers autobiographies and they are excellent to read for any football fan, however i read andy coles too, i wouldnt bother with that one, footballers celebrating rivalry should be applauded, someone like adebayor who was just having a go at arsenal fans, for the simple fact he decided to seek the pound coin elsewhere should be castigated