This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which social network website had the bigger impact of the two? Why?
01-19-2013, 06:45 PM
Which social network website had the bigger impact of the two? Why?
Myspace or Facebook? Remember myspace did come out before Facebook. But Facebook has become bigger than myspace ever was at any moment.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2013, 06:53 PM

Facebook had a much easier to use style than MySpace. Once a user logged in they were quickly directed on what to do, suggested friends and so on. MySpace on the other hand suffered because not everyone could use it, it was not for anyone who hadn't used a computer or rather rarely used one.

I remember the first time I used MySpace I created my profile but afterwards I didn't know what to do next.

Simply put, Facebook is more user-friendly!

Ads

01-19-2013, 06:53 PM

Facebook has had a bigger impact, because of the poor privacy policy, mass data collection, targeted advertising, popularity, and also because its target userbase is much broader than MySpace's. There are many more old people on Facebook, whereas MySpace was mainly aimed at teens. Not to mention that Facebook uses people's profile data to custom-tailor advertisements to them, unlike MySpace's generic banner ads. Facebook is a revolutionary marketing tool that is extremely effective. MySpace was really just a place for attention-starved teenage girls to post cameraphone pictures of themselves.

@Fartbook: the question was which one had a greater impact, not which one is better, or if social networking is good. Whether you like social networking or not, you can't deny that it's definitely had an impact on the world.