This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's an effective way to advertise an eco-friendly online store?
01-19-2013, 07:34 PM
What's an effective way to advertise an eco-friendly online store?
We've opened up an online store of green products - called http://www.CraftedNaturally.com Though I have received some orders - I am not getting as much as I would prefer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2013, 07:42 PM

You should use a "Google blog search" and find blogs that are on the same genre or theme as yours, environmental products, living green and fashion.
#1 Post comments on each blog and develop a relationship with people as you leave comments.
#2 Start posting in forums using a search for forums that you like.

#3 Twitter & facebook... Social bookmarking sites can really put your site on the map and send updated to your customers as you update your status.

Ads

01-19-2013, 07:42 PM

Start a blog, like on blogspot.com or livejournal.com and get people to follow you. Post about your shop and offer exclusive promotions.

Get a twitter, facebook, myspace and invest time into it.

Make some business cards and coupons and pass it out to all your friends. Tell your friends to pass it out to their friends.

Go to local boutiques and ask them if they would like to sell your items. If not, ask them if you can leave some of your business cards there.

If you or someone you know goes to school, post a flyer/postcard around the school.

Buy some adspace on facebook, google adwords, or project wonderful.

Get creative. There are lots of things you can do to promote your shop. Not everything works for everyone. You got to invest into as much time marketing as you are making your items when you first start out.