This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can someone please explain to me the difference between laptop proccesors and all these other things?
01-20-2013, 04:24 AM
Can someone please explain to me the difference between laptop proccesors and all these other things?
I am in the market for a new Toshiba laptop and I see all this Intel core and Intel Atom, Dual core stuff and i have no clue what it means. I just need a laptop with features that would be good for a student and I also do a lot of Netflix streaming as well. What Toshiba would you recommend for that please.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 04:32 AM

Atom are mainly for the netbooks. Low powered comsumption processors but also lacks in processing power. You will have a great time on facebook and yahoo chat but don't think about pushing it any further.

Duel Core is two core on one processor, just double the speed of a single. That is doable for what you want but if you plan to have the computer for a while, then duel core isn't going to cut it these days.

Quad Core is twice the power of the duel just about...not to get technical since your learning but just look at it that way. There is more math calculations behind that. that is good for what you want and Quad will last you a good while till you have to upgrade. This will play your netflix and very good for schooling.

If you can spare the money, maybe for a in the middle laptop these days, try for a i3-i5 computer which is intel's processor and they can handle a little more than the average user but it will last a lot longer in the long run.

Ads

01-20-2013, 04:32 AM

I think this article is really helpful. http://www.collegetips.com/college-money...mputer.php

If I were you, I'd ask a knowledgeable friend to join you in shopping. It can be fun. You can meet your needs for under $500, but don't go with just a netbook if you want to stream Netflex. Be sure to get WiFi so you can connect easily to the Internet. And despite what the sales people say, almost never buy technology devices today because of perceived future needs. You'll pay too much today than you will when the future becomes the present.

Have fun shopping and good luck!