This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will America take over India in future?
01-20-2013, 05:59 AM
Will America take over India in future?
Already a lot of American products and culture is sold/spread in India. Most of which are useless for Indians, but its forced upon Indians by Americans. Why are they so greedy? Why do they spoil Indian companies, stores, lifestyle etc? One good example is how FDI in multi brand retail is forced in India.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 06:07 AM

Exactly HOW are we FORCING our products upon the Indians?

You left that part out.

Ads

Culturally - probably, western culture is slowly taking over the entire world.
Literally - probably not.

Oh they're "forced on" you are they?

Someone knocks on your door and makes you buy them?

Here's a clue, Sabu. Your friends buy US products because they want them. A t-shirt and sneakers, ever so much more comfortable than a diaper and a blanket. Oh wait, is this about all the food that India buys from the US?

And America has no intention of taking over India. Why would we want a big poor country chock full of people who can't feed themselves?

wow - I dont think we want it

The question is nonsense. The only reason those products are sold in India is because Indians are buying them. If you really are from India (which I doubt) then have insulted your own people by implying that they are weak minded.

When the NWO orders us to. The United States military is now controlled by NATO and the UN, so when our occupied central government is ordered to invade India, that's just what we'll do.

Our media will prepare the sheep to embrace another undeclared war. I suppose if India continues to obey the globalists orders and shows proper submission to their orders, India may be left alone.

wouldn't some indian business owners have to be profiting from FDI or it wouldn't be in India?
i hope not many of the products are food products because american processed food products are garbage.

If I may go about answering this question, I hope to separate myself from whatever hard feelings and ill will which is borne by any party involved. I will approach the problem as a socio-economist, providing what answers I can with what information I can, in the effort to provide you with an answer. Please excuse run-on sentences and what minor errors you may find in this response.

No investor, merchant, or distributer, goes to the trouble of sending his goods thousands of miles across an ocean to a subcontinent where the people speak an entirely different language, form a very different social structure, have very different degrees of purchasing power, and are politically resistant to foreign interference (take the current international economic negotiations between Canada and India, the involvement of India in the nature of the Cold War in the Subcontinent, Sino-Indian relations, and the nature of this question as evidence, if the very nature of the Indian Independence campaign which so greatly shaped your country does not already prove this), if he did not have some reasonable belief that he could sell them and profit by their sale. It may be true that goods are sold in your country that may not contribute to the overall welfare of your country, but it could only be by the driving force of economic demand created by some segment of the Indian populace. If these goods were not bought or desired, they would rot on even the most visible perch in the store which distributes them. As a result, it is inaccurate to say that these goods are forced upon anyone; there is always a choice.

If I may extend that onto cultural aspects, the idea of Bollywood is directly taken from that of Hollywood. This is not to anyone's shame, rather it's a demonstration of the great demand for Indian cultural works that, like its American counterpart, creates a viable and profitable market for services and productions.

When discussing Foreign Direct Investment, you must also discuss buyers and sellers. For some reason, someone has decided to sell their control in a business to someone else in exchange for some amount of goods or currency. This is a voluntary and mutually beneficial arrangement, which is essential for the growth of healthy international markets. In India however, has seen a very large amount of foreign investment between 1990 and 2012, and has since begun regulating FDI amounts and sectors. The Indian government has the power to deny investment on its soil, even to seize assets should it wish (though such activities are harmful to its ability to trade internationally. It is also thereby inaccurate to claim that FDI is somehow forced through the system, when clearly definable obstacles and regulations exist.

As to the overlying question of America somehow taking over India, I would call this claim unjustifiable. The US government does not control the financial resources of the multinationals which are investing in your country. One might make the claim just as easily, and just as incorrectly, that China and Singapore are buying pieces of India away from India, or that India, China, Singapore Japan, Germany, and the rest of the world are together buying up control of the United States. This is simply not the case. Private international investments are beyond the direct control of National governments in most instances, and it is only by difficult and determined negotiation and cooperation that anything is bought and sold, and anything is made or shipped.

I would take your concerns as to the degree of foreign investment to your local and National Governments. If the people of India agree that their interests are not best served by allowing investment from foreigners, then their government will take actions to stop investment. It is simply to be decided by the people and their government what is to be done.

All the best to you sir.

America itself is a victim of FDI, it is not America responsible for products, giant companies are responsible for it.

America does impact our culture though, now for Indians it is normal to have sex before marriage.