This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Liberals 50 years ago vs Liberals today?
01-20-2013, 06:39 AM
Liberals 50 years ago vs Liberals today?
Liberals 50 years ago: "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country."

Liberals today: "Being born automatically makes me entitled to everything. Gimmie free healthcare, gimmie free college education. Down with corporations! (Except for Facebook, Twitter, Apple and Starbucks) Down with Capitalism! Forgive my student debt. Eat the rich! If you don't have the same beliefs as me you are part of the problem! Occupy Wall Street!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 06:47 AM

I wish I knew where you Cons learn that knee jerk crap.

Ads

you do know kennedy expanded welfare and federal government programs
typical wing nut

"Liberals" today are a figment of the right wing talking heads imagination.

Obamacare is NOT "free healthcare". "Free healthcare" is what we had before Obamacare, where anyone could go to an Emergency Room and get healthcare and not pay. Now most people will need to pay a PRIVATE INSURANCE COMPANY for healthcare, and won't be able to get it for free anymore.

There is a lot LESS inexpensive and free college education now than there was 50 years ago.

Fifty years ago, the prices of telephone service, airline fares, shipping costs and fuel were set by the government. Nowadays, they are not.

You know nothing of liberals today. You only know what conservative media personalities tell you about liberals today, and they are not being honest.

Obviously you don't know any liberals - or you know them but you don't know they are liberal. This is a bunch of bs the Republicans want you to think so you will hate liberals... kind of like how Hitler made people hate Jews...

I'm liberal, have owned a small business for over 30 years, and did not vote for Obama for "free stuff" - I voted for Obama because I think he was the better candidate.

If you were an adult fifty years ago, you would know the difference.

It's painfully obvious that you do not have a clue what the GOP was like and what it stood for at that time.

Teh 60's was the beginning of the end. JFK was not bad, it was his vice President that is insane. Liberals complain about Bush, but what ever Bush did, LBJ was worse. How many people died in the vietnam war. THe one time debt of BUsh is bad, but the constant pressure form Social security and Medicare is what is the real threat to our debt.

50 Years ago doesn't matter any more ... doesn't matter what any one or what any politician calls themselves either ... from the looks of things " It's all bad " no matter what , people don't care to realize that politicians will say or be anything in order to win , worse it that Voters / People believe it tho !!!