This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are some good reasons ditch a regular cell phone and buy the Motorola Droid?
01-20-2013, 09:46 AM
What are some good reasons ditch a regular cell phone and buy the Motorola Droid?
I'm in the market for a new phone. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the extra expense of getting a Droid and the data package.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 09:54 AM

That is a question that only you can answer. You have to justify the extra $30 or so a month for the data plan based on how much you want access to email, social networks, calendar and web.

Ads

01-20-2013, 09:54 AM

If you were going with any other phone manufacturer like BlackBerry, or Windows mobile, then I would have to agree with danponji's answer. However, since you are choosing the Motorola Droid, I would have to say there are many reasons to ditch your regular cell phone.

Just having the ability to download as many applications as you want from the market is a good reason alone. Most of the applications on the market are free, and usually the ones that cost money are really good and pretty cheap.

The browser is really good in my opinion. There is pinch to zoom in the browser so it is easy to view web pages.

This phone has been updated allot since it debuted in November of 2009. In November 2009 the Motorola Droid came pre-installed with android OS 2.0. Since then, the OS has been updated to 2.1 View website to see changes to the phone for android OS 2.1

http://lifehacker.com/5443156/android-21...creenshots

It will also be updated again with android OS 2.2 which will bring much more to this phone, but some of the major things include: apps to SD card, and flash

See website below for a list of the new android OS 2.2 features
http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/05/20/...with-pics/

There is also Google Navigation which is FREE turn by turn voice navigation.
I mean, you get a free GPS which works really well.

If you use allot of Google stuff, like Gmail, Google calendar, Google talk, Google voice, Google Buzz etc. Everything is integrated so it makes all that stuff easy to use.

Since this phone is an android based device, it allows for customization of the user interface. You can have your home screens look like whatever you want (as far as arranging icons, placing widgets, wallpaper, moving wallpaper etc.)

This phone does facebook, youtube, twitter. It does everything multimedia. You can watch movies on the phone, listen to music, VCast stuff.

This phone does so much that I can't explain all of it. You would just have to get the phone and try out some of this stuff.