This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What kind of tablet should I buy?
01-20-2013, 09:59 AM
What kind of tablet should I buy?
I'm in the market for a new tablet but these days there are so many available. I'm going to be using it for mostly reading but I would also like it to be versatile. I'm personally an Android person but willing to switch it up however not much of an Ipad fan. I think I've narrowed it down between the Google Nexus 7, the Kindle Fire HD,or the new Microsoft Surface. However I have also been looking at the Samsung Galaxy Note 10". Any suggestions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 10:07 AM

I would go with either a nexus or a galaxy...both very quality products

Ads

If it is primarily for reading, I would go with the 8.9" kindle fire HD. Normally, I'd point people towards a nexus, but the screen and audio from the kindle are significantly better, and the price is really good.

The Microsoft Surface should be your choice, or the Nexus 7. I'd go with the Surface.

With the iPad, iPad Mini, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Kindle Fire and Surface RT all now released, the war has begun... this is a Game of Tablets.

get the Microsoft surface RT
it really is an amazing tablet
it has a 10.6" screen with very good and high resolution
colors look clear and sharp on it
the tablet build quality is amazing
it feels perfect and its made from solid materials
the os on the tablet which is windows 8 is also amazing
its fast and fluid and also simple and easy to use
its made with touch in mind
the web browser is extremely good its fast and pages load up quickly
and it supports flash which is a huge plus and which is something that is lacking on most android tablets and all ios tablets
battery life is very good and would easily get you through more than 10 hours of heavy use
you can download apps from the windows marketplace which has many high quality apps
thousands of apps are being added everyday
more than 2000 apps were added in less than 2 days
it does have more than 35,000 apps now and like I said it will keep on increasing
it has dual cameras and both of them take amazing photos and videos
it has deep social network integration(skype,facebook,twitter,linkedin… and so on)
you also get Microsoft office 2013 for free on it
and if you get the keyboard and attach it to it you'll have a laptop
overall the surface is an amazing tablet and you should get it
hope i helped Smile
tell me if you decided to
and if you got any question or need any help you can email me at spieleranswers@outlook.com

I just found Ramos W30HD,a more opportunity Tablet PC than Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1,which powers the same Samsung Exynos4412 Quad Core Chipset and Mali400 Quad Core GPU,features a 10.1 inch 1900x1200 resolution Retina display which is my favorite.Samsung has yet to announce any tablet pc more advanced than Galaxy Note 10.1.
For more information pls visit below site.

Versatility is not an issue btw. All of these tablets are pretty cusomizable and would work great for the purpose you need them for.

But since you want them for reading too I would actually recommend getting the Kindle Fire HD. Since its an eReader tablet thus far better option than others for reading.

Review comparison between popular and similar tablets in market, should be helpful:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3AX3V9UT4B...afsuimw-20

If you go for Kindle Fire HD I'd recommend 8.9" version. The pros are: Best screen resolution @254PPI, Dual wifi antenna for faster HD streaming and downloads, digital dolby audio speakers for the best quality sound. And cons like: 60k apps in the app store (Yes you can sideload apps), no microSD slot (16Gb/32gb built-in) and no rear camera

Galaxy note has advantages like microSD card, lots of apps, powerful quadcore processor and has the rear facing camera while cons like poor screen quality @149PPI.

Surface tablet has pros like: Powerful processor, nice GPU, built-in kick stand while, rear facing camera (Merely 1.2Mp but is HD), supports microSd while cons like the screen quality @148PPI which is pretty low and windows app store and OS is not very good with apps.

Nexus 7 has pros like lots of apps, powerful processor with a decent screen. And cons like no HDMI or Tv out (rest of the tablets have this option), no microSd slot and no rear facing camera.

IF we look as a reader I would recommend Kindle Fire HD 8.9" version !

Hope this was helpful!