This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any Missouri teachers out there freaking out like me about the retirement vs. social security issue?
01-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Any Missouri teachers out there freaking out like me about the retirement vs. social security issue?
I have been teaching special ed. for 27 years and was looking forward to retirement within a few years, but now I learn I may lose some of my benefits as well as have to work longer? Just because there weren't special ed. teachers in 1960-whatever? Don't give me links, I've read them all but I'm still confused and scared. Should I update my resume and look into starting a new career at age 51? I actually am!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 01:19 PM

It might be better to try to start a side biz or do something to earn extra money rather than a whole new career.. .then retire early and hoepfully work on your biz full time while drawing SS
http://www.ehow.com/how_4543756_increase...ty-up.html
you can retire early and use the money tax free for a while then refigure and give self a raise.

That said about getting biz started I dont' know the issues in your state if you are losing all of your retirement or whatever or what the job market is there. I f you twitter look for some info about working from home form those that are successful. My dads friend sold a house to a couple that paid for it with ebay money. it can be done.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply