This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to get my hair to blonde from dark brown, black, red etc can anyone advise on how to do this?
01-20-2013, 01:46 PM
I want to get my hair to blonde from dark brown, black, red etc can anyone advise on how to do this?
I have been dying my hair black/red/purple/brown since I was in school. I'm now 25 and want to get to blonde if I can. I have a few white hairs on the top of my head which with my naturally dark hair, don't look good and with dye, come through after a few weeks. I try to leave it as long as I can between dyes but use permanent dye at least every 5 weeks to cover these. I bleached my whole head to orange to put a lightish purple on my whole head a couple of months ago. Since then, I've dyed it purple again maybe twice but think it was once and dark brown a week last Monday.

I'm in no rush to do it now as I've recently dip dyed the tips to orange after two 1 hour sessions with the 40 vol same time as I dyed my hair brown. My hair was a little damaged at the tips from this application but after deep conditioning once it felt normal again and looks healthy. My hair is resistant to bleach after so much dye, hence the 40 vol. after 2 applications left on for an hour each, we still only achieved a bright orange but I was unwilling to apply it again that night to achieve lighter results. They are now a semi permanent red (la Riche directions).

How would I achieve a light blonde from this orange colour? I know no amount of toner is going to help from that point. Is the only option to bleach again then apply a dye? If so what dye? I know my regrowth goes bright white, it's just the dyed parts that won't. I don't want to be going to work with bright orange hair lol

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 01:54 PM

hair expert can solve your problem.

Ads

Jesus Christ! I'd recommend that you stop dying all together! Your hair is probably over processed and severely damaged! Try using a natural dye like henna, just avoid henna's with metallic salts, as these will litteraly melt your hair when mixed with the wrong substance. go for 100% natural henna. You should probably cut all your hair off and just start over, but this is your decision not mine. Good luck!

well the only way i got from orange to blonde was to dye over with a ASH blonde , as long as on the box the colours name contains the word ash in it go for any one with ash in the name, its the only way i got to get rid of the orangge

Hi Babe hope you and the twins are ok, soz i've not spoke for a bit, i'm a qualified hairdresser and they way you have been going about it is right especially with the extra conditioning cus you do lose a lot of the keratin in the hair keratin is the natural protein in the hair its what gives it its strength bleach will damage your hair a lot the only way you will get rid of the red pigments is to keep bleaching and conditioning it, however there is a product on the market from schwarzkopf xxl intense colour and it comes with a bleach that you mix with the colour it did work on my twins when one went from red to blonde and the other from black to blonde so try that if not facebook me and we will go through another way hun.

Hope this helps Sam ( Lucy) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx