This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I feel like I'm falling apart..?
01-20-2013, 04:00 PM
I feel like I'm falling apart..?
my parents were screaming at each other earlier..my bff is moving.. my crush is completely oblivious to how much I like him.. I'm getting bad grades.. I dont feel like myself anymore.. im usually the happiest person you'll know but i feel scared, broken, lonely, confused, betrayed, crushed, not good enough, worthless, about to break down,& I'm on the verge of tears.. I really don't feel like anything can get much worse): and worst part is.. I'm completely alone.. there's no one to help me

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 04:08 PM

I'm sorry but just remember other people are having worst things happen in their life.

Ads

yeah well, i just lost both of my legs in a lawnmower accident last week. And my wife served me divorce papers today. And i lost my job and i have explosive diarrhea

It's not always going to be like this. I know that you feel alone and that everyone has their own lives moving forward but things do and will get better, I promise.
I remember a time in my childhood, living with my parents while they were losing their home and everythingg just felt so hopeless. It was right around the time of exams and everyone else was focussed on studies and what colleges they were going to while we had to move far away from school and my folks were screaming at each other every night. On top of it all, I had just split up with my boyfriend and was too embarrassed to tell any of my friends where we were living or that it took me three buses to get to school. Plus I had my younger brother and sister to look after and let them know that we were going to be ok, all the while feeling scared, broken, lonely, confused, betrayed, crushed, not good enough, worthless, about to break down and on the verge of tears. It sucked and it felt like it was never going to get any better. But it does. You will be alright. You will grow, meet new people, stand on your own two feet. You will be recognized and loved and your own parents will beinterested in what you have to say. In time, you have time. It gets better! Hang in there!

First, I apologize on behalf of the other person who left the other comment saying others have it worse. That was not very helpful nor is it appropriate to state. Comparing problems is never a good idea as a crisis is defined by the individual and not society.

That being said, it truly sounds like you are going through a very difficult time in your life.

Not having a peaceful home can sometimes make a person feel like their one "safe place" is under attack. What do you do when your port in the storm gets hit with a hurricane? I know it must be difficult. Is there anyone else who lives in your house? A grandparent, sibling, etc?

Now with your best friend moving I realize it can be bit scary and extremely heart breaking, as if your last line of defense is disappearing. The good news about you BFF is that you two have a lot of social networks available to stay connected, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, etc. BFF may change locations, but that doesn't mean that they leave us behind. A true best friend could live across the street or across the globe, doesn't matter. They'll still be your best friend.

Crushes can be stupid. I know, I've had many and watched my friends struggle with them. Every crush situation is different, so I really can't be of any help to you there. =/

Is there any adult or school counselor you feel comfortable approaching? A youth group leader or a coach? Maybe a teacher or a liberian? Perhaps you're close with an aunt or uncle? There will always be someone in your life who cares about you, sometimes it takes a few deep breaths to finally see them.

Hang in there.

how about me Smile
my parents are divorced. i left my girlfriend at home 3 years ago and went to hell on earth (saudi arabia) for a job i hate. I have no friends here. I havent seen any of my friends in 3 years. I became fat in these 3 years. I used to be a team with my girl at the gym. and at uni, we were studying the same program. I have lost a lot of hair cause im going bald and i have little growths in my head that im not testing at the hospital, for fear they might be cancer or something. id rather not know. if its gonna kill me, id rather die oblivious and without worrying about it.
not bad enough?
i live with my dad who is really an impatient assholw who needs things to happen his way. there is nowhere to go, nothing to do. we dont have movie theaters, we dont have bars or clubs. we dont have alcohol at all! which reminds me. i tried to make my own wine and the bottle exploded all over the carpet.try cleaning out red wine off white walls and white carpet. i went shopping for nice clothes to cheer up. i ended up spending all the money i saved up. and it doesnt even matter that i have some nice clothes cause im fat as fuck.