This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nokia lumia 920 or Samsung galaxy s3?
01-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Nokia lumia 920 or Samsung galaxy s3?
Hi my contract with T-Mobile is going to run out soon and I was wandering what should I get I have a android phone at the moment and its a Sony Ericsson xperia neo but I want to upgrade I take lots of photos web surf and use facebook, Twitter and YouTube loads bit I don't use gaming much so I'm not bothered about if the app store isn't great what do u think I should get thanks guys

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 08:33 PM

S3

Ads

galaxy s3
alough the new nokia lumia does look pretty cool andhas windows 8

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9300_gala...i-4238.php only at T-mobile the best smartphone on earth with the unbeatable worldedition

Nokia ain't as good as it used to be Sad

s3

The Galaxy S3 is a great smartphone.

As long as the phone you are getting has an "A" and a number then you are on solid ground

Here they are side by side specs and comprehensive impartial review!!!
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idP...hone2=4238

if I had to choose I would pick........ but I don't have to, or should that be I don't have two?

get the lumia 920
it's way better than any other phone out there
the phone has an amazing 4.5" screen with very good and high resolution
the resolution is even higher than HD
which makes it enjoyable for you to watch videos on it because of the big size and because of the amazing resolution
web browsing is also enjoyable on it
the screen is also very responsive you can even use it while wearing cloves or through your car keys
the phones build quality really is amazing
and it feels high end and premium in your hand it really is enjoyable to hold
the phone has an 8.7 megapixle camera which takes amazing photos and videos
it has image stabilization which is a huge plus and its the first on any other phone
some of its other features are group shot,panorama shot,burst mode and cinemagraph
what group shot allows you to do is to capture the perfect moment so for example if you are taking a photo of 2 people and they blink you will be able to rewind the time till when they were still smiling
cinemagraph allows you to do is to play with the photos and make movement
you can also eliminate moving objects in your photos
and the camera takes better low light photos than any other phone even without flash
the phone has a large App Store which consists of mainly high quality apps
and it also has the amazing Nokia added free exclusive apps and features
like nokia drive,nokia maps,nokia city ,nokia beta,nokia music,nokia creative studio,espn,espn radio,CNN,words with friends,angry birds roost,viber HD and many more
battery life is very good
it also supports wireless charging
the web browser is extremely good and fast
the phone also has Microsoft office which is a huge plus
and it has deep social network integration(Facebook,LinkedIn,twitter,Skype)
overall the lumia 920 is an amazing device and you should get it
hope I helped Smile
tell me if you decided to
and if you got any question or need any help you can email me at spieleranswers@outlook.com

Nokia Lumia 920 - 130.3x70.8x10.7mm, 185g

Samsung Galaxy S3 - 136.6x70.6x8.6mm, 133g

Nokia’s latest Lumia pushes forward with the company’s signature aesthetic established with its predecessors (the Lumia 800 and Lumia 900), which means a sharp, rectangular polycarbonate unibody with a slightly curved insert on the front panel to house the display.

It’s not all razor edges and angles, however, as the smooth sides sweep round into a curved back panel.

Build quality is top-notch, as we’ve come to expect from Nokia’s premium models. The Lumia 920 feels very solid in the hand.

The finish varies depending on which colour you opt for, some are matte while others are glossy. The glossy versions are a bit on the slippery side, while the matte ones are very satisfying to get to grips with.

While the build and design are both pleasing, it must be said the Lumia 920 is a bit of a beast proportions wise and can be difficult to handle.

It’s very heavy at 185g and the broad display is problematic to operate one-handed with just a thumb. Buttons and controls are well-positioned along the right-hand side and are easily accessed with either hand, while a MicroUSB port in the base makes the Lumia 920 ideal for charging docks and cradles.

If you don’t fancy that though, there’s always Nokia’s wireless charging plates which simply require you drop the phone on top to begin charging.

Despite also being a large handset, Samsung’s Galaxy S3 is far more manageable in both proportions and weight. By comparison to the Lumia 920 it feels very svelte in the hand at only 8.6mm and 133g.

While the shape is a nice, gently curving ‘pebble’-like design and the construction quality is reasonably robust, the plastic used has a cheapness to it and all variants have a slippery finish.

Our preference here has to be the Lumia 920, while the bulk does make handling tricky the design is stunning and fit and finish is unparalleled.

Winner – Nokia Lumia 920

Display
The Lumia 920 is equipped with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD multitouch display using Nokia’s ClearBlack technology alongside a new addition called PureMotion HD+.

ClearBlack is a tremendously beneficial technology which improves contrast, colour and black depth as well as making the Lumia 920 perfectly usable outside in bright sunlight.

PureMotion HD+ ensures there’s no display latency as the screen is synchronised to 60 frames-per-second – the same speed as the operating system.

The resolution is 1280x768 pixels and this gives a pixel density of 332 pixels-per-inch (ppi). Picture quality is incredibly sharp, even when zoomed in on photos and web pages. Text in particular is brilliant.

Brightness is decent and the auto-brightness adjustment is well-tuned.

The Galaxy S3 uses a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED capacitive multitouch display with a 1280x720 pixel resolution, producing a lower pixel density than its rival at 306ppi.

Having a pixel density of over 300ppi should mean the display looks nice and sharp to most users, but there is a noticeable difference in clarity compared to the Lumia 920. It’s also not as useable in the sunshine as things tend to get washed out.

Colour depth and contrast are still strong and the brightness is reasonable. Side-by-side both are visually pleasing displays to look at and rewarding screens to use, however, Nokia’s fast latency and slightly sharper image makes it preferable here.

Winner – Nokia Lumia 920

Storage
Samsung’s Galaxy S3 has options for 16GB, 32GB or 64GB of internal space plus MicroSD card capability for up to 32GB on top or 64GB via high-capacity SD.

Alas, this is one area where the Lumia 920 falls down, while its 32GB of internal storage is generally good enough for most users it does lack the flexibility of the Galaxy S3.

Add to that the lack of any card capability and you have a very open-and-shut scenario. Samsung takes this round.

Winner – Samsung Galaxy S