This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kitten feeding? About 6 weeks old?Saving a life?
01-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Kitten feeding? About 6 weeks old?Saving a life?
Alright so there two kittens moving around my parking area,
I think they are orphaned,I am guessing they are about 6 weeks old as they do get scared and run away,If i walk too close to them.
Should I feed them? Or let them just go away?
They are like other cats in my area,They are not exactly wild,But they do get scared as no one really has pet cats in my locality,
What should I do?
Should I feed them?
If yes what?
I do not have Kitten Milk Formula,
I know they can not digest Cows milk,
So what should I do?
I have stray dogs in my area,They might kill them,
Please suggest what to do,
I might be able to save their life if needed to,
If you guys want I will Post der pic to give you guys better idea on my twitter account,
They are sitting by a locked Rat cage,
I dont think so it is dangerous for them,
But they are just sitting by it,What do i do?
@F E I might eat you....I dont mind being a cannibal for fellas like you.....

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 11:23 PM

well you could eat them

Ads

If the kittens don't have a mother you should try to catch them. and a local store should carry kitten formula and little bottles that should feed them till until their old enough to drink water

You could try capturing the kittens using formula/food as bait and then taking them to your local no-kill shelter. Please do make sure that it is definitely a no-kill shelter because a lot of shelters will only keep the animals for seven DAYS before they kill them. Surely you don't want these kittens to be killed, do you?
Best of luck.

6 weeks old is big enough for solid foods. If you feel for them and you care about saving a life, I think you should. The fact is, even if they were big and able to hunt on their own, long term feral cat survival is unlikely. Without human intervention, they rarely live much past two years.

Anyway, you can lure them over with cat food. Sit down near them as they eat. Let them sniff you. Do this a few times and they'll surely let you pet them. You could also use a humane trap, but that scares the cats and it's probably unnecessary.

You can feed them any brand of kitten food. At 6 weeks they're totally ready for solids. The fact that there is two of them means they will help socialize each other, too.

If you have a desire to add loving kittens to your family, you can feed them kitten milk replacer such as KMR that is available at Wal Mart or pet stores. You could also purchase some regular soft and hard cat food if you wish.
You might want to investigate local laws regarding feeding stray animals as well. In my area, if you feed a stray animal at least two times, the animals is considered yours.

My first stray cat came from a field adjacent to my house eight years ago. She was probably no older than four weeks old and was found hiding in my logs stacked next to my door. I purchased her some soft and hard cat food and gave her some 2% dairy milk and she has been my indoor cat ever since. She is part of my family now and I love her just as a family member.

I hope this helps in making your decision.

If you can, go buy pet milk and jus pour it in a dish. i thinki they should b old enuf to drik buy themselves. If you cant get pet milk, go buy goat milk. NEVER get cow's for themBig Grin Hope i help.
U can give them plain water too but its better to feed them milk if u r planing to adopt them! All The Best!

P.S Pet stores sell milk bottles for cats too! If its not too ex, you can try them (at ur own risk)~

Get a big/small cage that is made for stray cats....

Put maybe a bed inside it with some treets and food
And maybe a toy...

They will go inside it and when they do BAM door closes
On them and you can take them home and raise them

well if there hungry enof they will eat wet food you CAN give them cows milk untill u go to walmart and get formula but its not that healthy 4 them

They should be able to eat soft (wet) cat food. Do not give them cows milk, as this will make them ill. Definitely try to catch them and bring them in because if they are not with their mother they won't survive long on their own. Cats that are wild don't leave their mothers until about 3-4 months.