This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I get Twitter, Facebook, etc.?
01-20-2013, 11:16 PM
Should I get Twitter, Facebook, etc.?
I'm 14 but I don't have Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. I have "survived" fine until now and I don't see any reason to get Facebook or Instagram. But Twitter seems like something I might like.
1) Is it 'weird' to have a Twitter account and not the others?
2) What is so great about Facebook and Instagram and should I get them?
All your answers are great and I can't choose the best! So I'll have to leave it to the voters. Sorry, but thank you very much for the awesome explanations!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 11:24 PM

Tumblr is better.

Ads

I would get the twitter it's real good and it doesn't matter about the others they're good like but I hardly use them . And it's not weird to have just twitter

well in my opinion facebook is better. twitter is not so popularr. and facebook you havee much more optionss. i can go without instagram or twitter, but facebook you need to make an account, you can do so many stuff

On 1): not weird at all. It's personal preferences. Some like the way Twitter works, some prefer the other social networking sites.

On 2): again, a personal preference. Many use Facebook because all their friends and family are there. Many use Instagram simply because they find it a fun way to share photos.

If you feel like trying one of those sites, give it a go. You can always quit if it doesn't seem so good after all.

In my eyes, Twitter is just one feature of facebook on its own and made less good.
I'd recommend getting Facebook if most of your friends have it. If nothing else, it gives you an easy (and free) way to contact them.

I think Facebook is going downhill, I'd make a twitter account but its kinda complicated to use (in my eyes anyway.) I've made an account but don't go on it because of that reason. I think twitter is the way forward though. I'd get twitter or Facebook before making an instergram its just a photo sharing website but you can transfer your friends from Facebook/twitter to it.

I would have Twitter and Instagram, Facebook isn't used very much by anyone anymore due to Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram.

Twitter isn't weird. It's really fun! Try it. Usually you won't like it at first since you don't really know how to use it, but once you start following a bunch of people, it gets really fun and addicting.

Don't get Facebook. No one uses it anymore.

Instagram is an app on IPhones. You take pictures, then put a really cool filter on them (they have many filters to choose from) then upload it. You're friends who are following you can like your pictures, and comment. I HIGHLY recommend making one.