This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have a misdemeanor on my record for resisting arrest awhile back. Will this prevent me from getting a job?
01-21-2013, 07:08 AM
I have a misdemeanor on my record for resisting arrest awhile back. Will this prevent me from getting a job?
I am looking to get a job in sales or marketing in the corporate world. Will this prevent me from doing so?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2013, 07:16 AM

A misdemeanor should not affect your ability to get a job. Most employers ask if you have ever been convicted of a felony...in this case you can answer no.

Ads

A misdemeanor shouldnt but a felony would.

Always be honest with your answers. If that occured before you were 18 then your record is sealed. If you lie and the truth is discovered then you will be considered a risk so do the right thing. Good luck.

I do most of the hiring for the company that I work for (which actually is a telecommunications company) we regularly hire for sales, and marketing.

I run "minimal" background checks. I use available and public resources to check candidates.

If the application asks if you have ever committed of crime then explain without going overboard! Give the details, when, where, for what, why, and how old you were.

If an interviewer does not ask, and the application does not require you answer such questions then keep it to yourself.

Also please remember to anyone who is looking for a job, employers will check websites such as myspace, facebook and other "networking" sites. It speaks volumes about your character, your future employer might not take too kindly to all the drunken pictures, or maybe something worse on your myspace page.

We live in a world of technology and information is available in two clicks of a mouse.

Check into getting it expunged. Then you dont have to worry about it.