This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is photography a lost art with no future ?
01-21-2013, 04:21 PM

I doubt it. Cameras on phones take really crappy pics, you get much better quality with a normal camera.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Some people really crack on you, but I think most of your questions are actually quite thought provoking.

I think there will always be a market for real photography. People look at iPhone photos that have been processed or posted on Instagram and ask what happened. Eventually they figure out that it's just for fun and not for serious photography.

Is acrylic paint less of an art medium than oil? Are pastels subordinate to watercolor?

Is an image modified in Photoshop less enjoyable to view than one straight off the card? Usually not. It's easy to overdo it, but it's also possible to use Photoshop in a tasteful or artistic manner. Learning how to do that separated one from the hacks and masters of Instagram.

One of my favorite quotes from a current TV show is, "Twitter is for idiots. Instagram is for idiots who can't read." (Katt Denning as "Max" on "2 Broke Girls")

Ads

no. at some point it was believed painting was dead. not so. same for photography. it's a common mistake that anyone able to hold a camera can do great photography. as if anyone able to spell could be a great writer.