This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will you criticize my website?
01-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Will you criticize my website?
Hello.. me and some college students have created this website where we provide information on employment opportunities and how to get employed. We started this site in early November... Can you please check out the site, read an article or two, and tell me what you think. Feedback is very important to us as we want to make this site a helpful source for people and I want to see how people look at our site... Thank you very much Big Grin The website is below:
youandineedjobs.com

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2013, 11:29 PM

Hello!

I have just quickly looked at your website.

I must say that you are getting yourself in a very competitive market of employment advice.
Have you taken time to research the available material provided on the Internet? It is vast, isn't it?

How are you planning for your website to be different from what is being offered? - is the main question to ask yourself. And at the very far end choose your technical solution to meet it - be it wordpress, joomla, drupal, just facebook or personal website with some fancy functionality.

Besides are you a SME? subject matter expert or will you employe some for this website?

Try finding your true rationale behind building a website - is it to build a website or provide useful information. If you want to build a website - I'd advise you to find yourself a customer for which you can use your web skills, if you want to provide useful information - why don't you try on available employment advice portals.

I am saying this because I am an IT guy and I know how difficult it is to promote a start-up portal and make it useful and at the same time attractive to users.

Yes, from what I have seen - I would advise you to redefine your true goal behind your noble activity.

Any questions, keep asking! Well done and good luck!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply