This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to attract the attention of famous people on Twitter?
10-11-2012, 08:16 PM
How to attract the attention of famous people on Twitter?
Yes, I'm maybe the biggest fan of Elijah Wood! And he has Twitter account, but he doesn't tweet to his fans, only when they tweet something that's Elijah interested in... So yeah, I tried but he ignores me although I tweet things that he's interested in (example: Daft punk music, or something like that) I tried many things but nothing... And when his fans ask him to wish them happy birthday, he does, but not to me... Sad( I didn't meet him yet, so he couldn't be mad at me, I don't write tweets to him like this: ''i love you elijah!!! marry mee!!!!!!! <3 <3 :** !! '' I don't write things like that so I couldn't be boring to him... I really don't know why he tweets to all his fans except to me... And I know he is busy, but when I tweet to him something, like hour later I see he was on twitter for some time, so he has time to tweet me back.... And even 1 his tweet to me would make me happiest girl in the world!!! (I'm over 18, but it would sound stupid if I would say ''women'', sound like his marrying me xD ) ANd that Tweet would mean world to me... But yeah he still ignores only me... And I'm not angry at him , Im just very sad... What did I do wrong, and how can I draw his attention just a bit? :'/
And I'm not a stalker! I send hi maybe about 5 messages a week... I don't want to be boring or annoying... And don't wanna stalk him , even if I could! I respect his privacy Smile So yeah, I'm not stalker...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 08:24 PM

Don't be a stalker. It is creepy if you send him 10,000 messages in a row. He may h ave seen your messages, he may just be creeped out by you.

Ads

its not that he is ignoring u or something, its because he gets a lot of people mentioning him so he maybe just answering the ones he sees first on his @connect. u know if over 100 fans mentioning u at same time, u cant be able to answer every single one... so, don't lose hope just keep trying everyday, maybe he would notice u too! thats what i do!

good luck! Big Grin

ok, I know I answer practically every question you asked about Elijah, but you have good questions and you seem to be as big a fan as I am! Wink so I hope I'm not annoying you, but here goes.

I've been on Twitter for about two years (though I've taken a break from it recently), and I know for a fact that Elijah's an insanely busy guy. I also know there's tons of annoying fangirls who totally spam up him wall (or whatever you call it in twitter language) with stupid tweets about them being so in love and wanting to marry him and asking for a retweet to prove he's nice. not that the first bit isn't true, but he doesn't have time for things like that - frankly, who does?! so a lot of times tweets will get buried in all that. but it sounds like you're good about not doing that, so kudos. Wink

one key to getting a RT from him is to ask things or talk about things that you know he likes, which you already know. it's best if it's a new album coming out or something like that, at least something relevant. I guess you already know that though.

another thing is just to wait until you know he's online. you'll have to have a lot of patience on that one. wait until you see that he's just tweeted, and then try again, even if it means checking twitter every hour or so. be patient! an hour is a long time for a tweet from you to get lost in the hundreds of other mentions. it's best to wait for an opportunity.

you're not doing anything wrong, don't worry! just keep in mind, like you do, that he's a busy guy. I've only gotten two RTs from him, once when I wished him a happy birthday and once when I asked him to support a video. be choosy about what you want to say, and have some patience for when you say it, and you'll probably get a response.

sorry for my really lengthy answer. hope this works for you, Elijah's the nicest guy and I'm sure he doesn't want to cause any hard feelings. everyone wants to be acknowledged by their favorite guy, but it's tough when he's famous! Smile