This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gifts for leaving student teacher?
01-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Gifts for leaving student teacher?
So, since the start of the school year, I've had this student teacher in my Social Studies class. I"m in 7th grade, by the way. this woman is literally the best teacher I've ever had. I love her so much, she's like a role model to me. The thing is, she's only teaching one semester, and she leaves on December 4th. I really want to get her something, and here are my ideas:
A hard-cover copy of "Oh, the places you'll go!" by Dr. Suess, because she is graduating from college and just starting her life in the real world.
A letter of reccomendation: obviously she doesn't need to use it to apply for a job anywhere, as it's a letter from one of her students that they probaley wouldn't take it seriously, lol. It's just to let her know that I thought she was a great teacher and how much I liked her.
I want to put both of these in a gift bag full of M&M's with a Target gift card. I got $100 for my birthday, so I can pay for everythiong. Do you think she'll like it???

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2013, 09:37 PM

Apples

Ads

Oh my goodness!!! I would totally get her the hard-cover copy of "Oh, the places you'll go!". This book specifically goes out on the market during graduation because it is such a great book. When i graduated middle school..haha.. my history teacher read it to us. I personally love the book and i think it is an exceptional book to give anyone.
I love the idea of the reccomendation and i think she will get a kick out of it. It'll probably make her day
I like the idea of M&M's but what about hershey kisses to show that you are really going to miss her and so you are sending her off into the real world with lots of kisses!! Smile I think she will love the gifts and i think it is so nice of you to use your own money. Smile
EDIT: The apple idea is actually pretty funny. If i was you, I think that I would put that within the bag as well just for laughs.
Hope this helps!!

Like it? she will love it! That is very thoughtful and kind of you.Good taste too !