This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Seriously freaking out someone help me!?
01-23-2013, 02:46 AM
Seriously freaking out someone help me!?
ok so i made a twitter account. i put a picture of og myself and wrote what age i was. i deleted the account and nowwhen you type my name in on google my picture comes up! I'm scared incase one of my family types it in!!! PLease help! how can i get rid of the picture
also how do you delete all tweets

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 02:54 AM

You done goofed.

Ads

Ha ha lol

Once you put something onto the internet it's there forever I'm afraid..

That's why if anyone that has facebook searches their name up it will show if you search hard enough.

Once it's out there, you can't get it back. Even if you remove the original, someone else might have a copy.

That's why you never post anything that could come back to bite you in the butt.

Its there forever theres nothing you can do, sorry

Do you have a Facebook account? If not I'm afraid that whatever happens on the Internet is permanent, even making a twitter with your name and picture.

Relax, it will be gone within a few days. The belief that everything on the internet exists forever is a myth. Twitter's Help page says:

"* After deactivation, your account should be removed within a few minutes, however some content may be viewable on twitter.com for a few days.

* We only retain your user data for 30 days from the date of deactivation, after which it is permanently deleted."

Once your data is removed from Twitter, Google will have nothing to point to so it will drop off their index soon enough. If you're concerned someone might view it in the meantime, you could reactivate your account and change your picture and display name, then deactivate it again.

Tweets can only be deleted one-by-one. You can't bulk delete them. However, once your account data is no longer retained, all tweets will cease to exist.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Unless you have reason to believe your family are googling your name on a regular basis and you've posted something massively incriminating.

This is not the answer you want but It is gonna be there forever, the only thing you can do I am afraid is live and learn.