This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
You know that famous picture from times square in 1945 where that sailor is kissing that woman?
01-23-2013, 04:09 AM
You know that famous picture from times square in 1945 where that sailor is kissing that woman?
after the news of Japans surrender got out ?

And its been potrayed as " THE kiss" romanitisized and oprah even got them back together for a show.

Well I have been reading what some feminist think about that.

apparently that kiss was a better indication of rape culture than jubilation over the end of humanities most destructive war.

Cant get on feministing for some reason so this daily mail link will have to do
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the feminist blogger, the iconic image betrays that ‘something is not quiet right.’

‘We learn that George and Greta were perfect strangers. We learn that George was drunk, and that Greta had no idea of his presence, until she was in his arms, with his lips on hers… It seems pretty clear, then, what George had committed was sexual assault.”

The blog Feministing.com embraced the sexual assault premise, claiming that a closer look at the picture reveals corroborating evidence of the ‘crime’ that took place in 1945 in the middle of Times Square.

The writer points to the smirks on the faces of other sailors seen in the background; the firm grasp around the physically smaller woman in Mendonsa’s arms keeping her from escaping; the woman’s clenched first and limp body.

‘If there is a better symbol for how messed up our ideas about sex and romance are, I can’t think of one,’ the Feministing blogger writes.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z2Ex1jUHZH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So yeah what do you think of that ?
Different site, and feminist , it should do though.http://cratesandribbons.com/2012/09/30/the-kissing-sailor-or-the-selective-blindness-of-rape-culture-vj-day-times-square/

ITs titled : The Kissing Sailor, or “The Selective Blindness of Rape Culture
@ Life quest,, Amen
@dark eyes, yeah because the daily mail and feministing are so obscure, no one has ever heard of them right ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 04:17 AM

Ohfortheloveofgod! Some people are in dire need of 3 things : a good screw, a good beer and twinkles.

Ads

I like how she dismisses the idea that the guy just got home from being shot at, no sympathy for that part of his life.
But this girl who got kissed, she is the only victim of the entire war

if you looked at what followed in the 1950's her reading of the sub text has a point.....

she is talking about messages encoded into the image...

the wimins needed to get out of the factories and return home and breed right.....

EDIT - personally i wouldn't equate it with rape culture

i read the image as people being happy the war is over and signaling a return to traditional sex roles....

I always wonder why modern movie kisses and picture kisses never feature a man tipping her over like that, it's so exhilarating when they do that. Contemporary kisses are tame Wink
I thought the picture was posed for.

From the photo you can see her arm is hanging loosely by her side, and making no attempts to resist or push him off. If someone you don't want to kiss you tries to kiss you, you push them away, it's just instinctive. The fact that she is obviously not doing that suggests she was happy to be kissed!

Feminists want to kill sex and romance by having people sign formal declarations in triplicate that they consent to any physical contact before any is made (though of course this declaration is invalid if the woman has consumed even the smallest amount of alcohol beforehand). Feminism is weird, on one hand it presents women as strong, capable, and superior to men, then on the other as weak little wallflowers who aren't even capable of gently resisting the advances of a celebratory young man who wants to kiss them.

Last time I checked it wasn't illegal to TRY to kiss someone, and last time I checked most members of the human race were capable of saying "no".

Well ohfuckingdear I must've been raped several thousand times by my sisters and brothers in law because you know, they just force kisses on me when I greet them.

Also, stay of feminist websites. Most of them a brain dead retards that just want to watch the world burn. If it were up to them, the human race would be doomed.

I also know that only MRAs give those blogs any "validity". MRAs find all kinds of elusive internet articles, post them, as "proof" of what all women think.

Personally, I find that photo to be very romantic, spontaneous and a true feeling of freedom to be home from war.

It's too bad we don't see stories like this in the popular press here in the U.S. very often, for they show the true face of feminism.

We get bombarded with horrid "rape" statistics, never realizing, that it's this kind of thing many of those feminists statistics count as rape.

~

ha, I actually read that story when it first came out.. say what you want about feminists, but you cant doubt their enthusiasm