This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do i start a business?
01-23-2013, 04:17 AM
How do i start a business?
I am licensed to do stuff for the U of A! And I already do my own shirts... but I work for my husband's t-shirt business. I want to start my own business. I have already thought of a name but now I don't know what to after that. Logo... and then what? And my daughter so can set me up on facebook. So tell me extra things I need to do! Thanks for the help! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 04:25 AM

First of all you have to work out costs vs sales. Assuming it's t-shirts, work out all costs i.e. blank shirts, prints, whatever costs are involved, figure it out per shirt, then decide how much you want to make and add it. That is the foundation of any business, profit.

The easiest thing to do then would be to set up a website. Or better still, set up on Amazon or Ebay as this is free and easy publicity, their own searches will show your product.

Once you have that, there is nothing to stop you selling your product. To take it further you would have to consider relevant advertisements and promotions, improved, even industrial production if you grow to that scale.

Basically all you have to do is sell something for more than you can make it and your in business, it really is that simple, the tricky part is making something unique enough to be desirable to a mass market. And then getting the necessary promotion in place to raise awareness of your product.

Ads

visit the library and check out at least 3 books on small biz ownership
and entrepreneurship
write a biz plan
do market research to confirm that there are unmet NEEDS and desires
for what you want to do OR YOU WILL BE EATING INVENTORY.

Get back to me for complimentary guideance
[U of A has one of the better courses in small biz according to
research; make sure you talk to one of their small biz teachers]

I think you can take help of any business consultant.