This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are some christians so annoying?
01-23-2013, 05:57 AM
Why are some christians so annoying?
Just looking at one of Ricky Gervais' recent tweets and it was to someone called @AngelOfMercy44 (https://twitter.com/AngelofMercy44) It says in their profile description "Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war, with the cross of Jesus going on before." For me that is extremely irritating because in Religous Education we are taught God is peaceful etc.

I have heard and seen so much on the internet about christians and heard about how they deny when they are in the wrong which I have seen. What also irritates me is that when they say about people going to hell for different things and also the fact that they believe that anyone who hears 'Gods voice' will be saved. They are going round judging people when their God tells them not to and then they go and preach that saying "Do not judge" then if a homosexual walks by they would scream at them and how they will go to hell.

Why do they do this? Why can't they follow what their religion tells them instead of having a go at others for not believing in what they believe in. If people want to be homosexual they can be homosexual and I think its unfair if they say different and condemn them for being so, after all their religion tells them.

I have no intention to offend any Christian who read's this, I am just curious as to why some people of the Christian faith are complete morons. Sorry for the length too
@Gregory I don't have anything against free speech just what they say. They contradict their religion and moan at others for something they claim their God gave us all. Free will
@Gregory I don't have anything against free speech just what they say. They contradict their religion and moan at others for something they claim their God gave us all. Free will
@Samuel I am not "Homo" I think its unfair on them that they are treated this way by Christians and by people like you who just call them stupid things like "Homo"
@liwmld I shall return to these words valiantly.

1) God's children are All fo Humanity according to Christianity. I don't hate all of humanity.
2) That's your opinion according to your God we have the right of free will.
3) I didn't realize it was a hymn. Im not religious so I don't know every corner of Christianity.
4) I wont and will not read the bible as I am not religous. And Do you see how offensive it is to say if your not serving god you serve the devil? You say "no offense" but then follow up with that offensive comment. Tsk tsk to you!
5) I am willing to admit it because My honour is my biggest thing and I do not care to lie wether it be my enemies or you.
6) How do you know Gods word is the truth? It is no different from any other man's word and how do you know what they say?
7) Oh well I refer to 6. You say gods word is truth... words and voices are such a similar thing.
8) How dare you insult my heritage. English is not my second langua

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 06:05 AM

its your opinion only their annoying because you do not like their free speech

Ads

you are a homo? may be christians hate you, but Christ don't

"Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war, with the cross of Jesus going on before"
Is not a statement for mortal war. It's a hymn about the army of angels against Satan and the end battle to be fought.

What do you hear that they deny they are wrong in? There are some things that people don't understand and perceive to be wrong ... and then there are times when Christians are actually wrong.

It's not hearing Gods voice that will save you. It's the acceptance of Jesus as God and savior (and following some basic rules for the religion)

Homosexuality is a sin in Christianity. HOWEVER ... neither the Bible (nor Jesus) tells you to scream at them and tell them they are going to hell. It actually says quite the opposite.

The problem is that some people will condemn others regardless of religion. Where I live, gay is a bad thing and even the irreligious are in on it. They have corrective raping - basically they rape lesbians to show them the delights of being straight (these are the irreligious too).

Unfortunately I think there are a lot of Christians like this. However there are also a lot of Christians who aren't. I don't know why some Christians are like this, but I am a Christian and believe that Christianity is about a relationship with God/Jesus, and is not a bunch of rules. However I think some people call themselves Christians but don't portray God's love, grace, kindness etc, they just portray christianity as a bunch of rules to stop everyone from having fun.
This is my opinion anyway, and I don't mean to offend anyone.

You ask the wrong question.

Why are some PEOPLE annoying.

All groups, religions, sects, races have annoying people.

There are annoying atheist, Muslims, Christians, Jews, etc.

1) Christians are not annoying. you sound full of hate and intolerance for God's children. you do realize that, don't you?
2) i put no store in what ricky gervais says. in my estimation he is indeed a brainless wonder, and i must seriously question the intelligence of anyone who follows him on twitter or otherwise.
3) Onward Christian Soldiers is a wonderful old hymn, hundreds of years old, and has an excellent message.
4) God must be just and therefore cannot always be peaceful. perhaps you are thinking of the misnomer, religion of peace, regarding islam, your father, satan's, religion. no offense, but if you're not serving God, then you're serving the devil. if you bothered to read the Bible, you would know that.
5) some people have a problem admitting when they are wrong, this is not strictly a Christian trait. with your level of intolerance, i can only assume you are one who has this problem. nearly everything you've posted is false/wrong. are you willing to admit it?
6) the Bible lists many sins that will send one to hell. give it a read some time. when a Christian says, for example, homosexuality will send one to hell, they are quoting the Bible, dear. you don't have to like God's word, but it is what it is.... the truth, and it does't change just because you believe something different.
7) when did it become a "fact" that anyone who hears God's voice will be saved? seriously, where do you people come up with this nonsense? again, read the Bible if you truly want to know what Christianity teaches, and stop going on hearsay.
8) God says we are to judge everything and hold fast to what is true. again, study the word to show thyself approved. also, telling someone they are wrong is not judging them. is English your second language? just curious.
9) i've never screamed at a homosexual (or any other sinner) in my life. only the westboro folks (and perhaps muslims) would do such a thing, and westboro's are not Christians. you would know this if you read the Bible.
10) takes a complete moron to know one, i suppose.

now, having answered you in the same spirit in which you have asked, do you see how offensive this is? yet you claim you had no intent to offend Christians, but you follow up that statement by calling Christians complete morons. tsk tsk. see #10 above.

Hi there!

Ok, well to begin with, the hymn 'Onward Christian Soldier(s?)' is not about Christians getting ready for a bid 'ole ass-kicking with lots of bloodshed against the sinners or the homosexuals or those who work on the Sabbath or something. Instead, this hymn is about Christians uniting, joining as peaceful "soldiers" to go through life living as Jesus taught us, resisting temptation set before us by Satan, which can be quite a "war" within ourselves. I understand why you could interpret 'Onward Christian Soldier' to be about violence, but, like in many situations involving Christianity, you need to look a little deeper than the surface to find the true message.

Secondly, I am the first to admit that many Christians, YES including me, have judged other people. Some might do this because they have misunderstood Jesus' words, and think they're doing the right thing. Others may feel, deep down, that they rather like the idea being 'appointed' to judge people, and decide to judge others whether Jesus says to or not. My own personal approach is to leave the judgement to God, and love all, just like Jesus showed us.

Homosexuality is a big issue for Christians because the Bible says it's a sin. Again, some may do hurtful things towards homosexuals because they believe it's right, and others may be unkind to gay people because homosexuality secretly scares them, weirds them out, so they hide behind the Bible to justify hate. However, one must remember that when reading the Bible, especially the old testament, not everything is law; some is just historical fact. Leviticus (the chapter in the Bible that says the most about homosexuality) is not God's direct instructions to us, but rather a group of rules the Levites followed. I'm not sure what's 100% right in this situation, but I am POSITIVE it's not my role to decide. Again, I do my best to let God judge, and show kindness to everyone.

I hope I helped you understand, and I, in turn, understand your anger against Christians in general. Please forgive me, on behalf of other Christians like myself, who lose our way while trying to lead a Christian life. We've messed up pretty bad! Thanks for your patience, and if you could find it your heart to forgive my and our mistakes, I would be incredibly and eternally grateful!

Christians are confused because they are worshipping a man God.