This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do guys always have to text/call a girl first EASY Points. Help Please.?
01-23-2013, 06:35 AM
Do guys always have to text/call a girl first EASY Points. Help Please.?
Theres this guy I met a month ago Thanksgiving break. Me and him live 2 hours away form each other. Both in college. He goes to my colleges rival college. Anyway we clicked the day we met and when I met him I thought it was just a weekend fling but he textd me that following Monday after the weekend we met. Ever since that he always text me first and we text everyday for a month. We both like each other and have talked about seeing each other again. But I havn't heard from him in 3 days. He updates his Facebook and Twitter. I recall him telling me I'm prideful and I always tell him I NEVER text or call a boy first and he thought it was ridiculous. That was a month ago. He continued to text me everyday after that. But now it's been 3 days. And I'm kind of sad. But my pride wont let me text him because I figure if he wanted to talk to me he would. Or maybe he's texting other girls. I don't know what to do. I don't want to text him first and make him feel like I'm annoying. It's silly I know.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 06:43 AM

Guys don't and shouldn't have to be the first ones to call/text a girl. By texting/calling him first, it shows that you actually want to communicate with him and that you actually care about
how his day was. He probably stopped texting you because imagine this: You text someone all the time saying, "Good morning" or "How are you doing" and they only reply because you asked them?
What I'm trying to say is that by texting back, it shows you're interested.
Texting/calling first in no way would take away your pride.
Good luck Smile

Ads

1. Swallow your pride!
You will never get anywhere if you can not initiate.
2. You will not come off as annoying.
Guys like it when girls initiate.
3. If this is how you feel, he may think that he is getting too clingy.

sometimes, you have to let the other person start talking first

Well, maybe he thinks if she wants to talk to me, then she'll text me. I know a guy that is the same way. and I just knew it wouldn't work because always having to be the person to text just kinda bums be out. Just try and text him and if he doesn't text you back that't how you know he is over you.

No there is NOTHING wrong with contacting them first! Men have feelings too. Think how you would feel if you were always contacting the guy first every time and he never did that for you. You would feel unwanted. If you like him and want to talk to him there is nothing wrong with texting him. Just make sure you aren't bothering them all the time. If he doesn't respond then leave it at that. And if you feel like he doesnt want to talk to you when you do talk to him then you should quit responding at that time. Honestly if I was you I would text him and say "Hey I miss you Tongue I haven't heard from you in a few days, how are you doing?" It's cute and casual. He'll know you like talking to him and have missed that he hasnt been talking to you. It may not work out and maybe he met someone else or something you never know. But you will always regret never trying! There's nothing wrong with putting yourself out there once in a while. Just be flirty but still letting him know you like him. He shouldnt always have to come to you for everything that just isn't fair and for all you know that may hurt his feelings and he may give up trying. Good luck Smile

Usually thats the way it goes. Guys text girls first always same for proposals and etc. I don't know why that is but that's apparently how things are. And girls who text guys all the time first and is always the first ones to text their considered desperate. But for your situation I think you should text him first and it won't seem desperate since you don't do that all the time. Text him back and see what happens, but if you don't receive a text from him anymore than its his loss right?