This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to add a new place to Facebook Places?
01-23-2013, 07:14 AM
How to add a new place to Facebook Places?
I wanted to add a location to my latest bunch of photos but I couldn't find the exact place I needed. Is it possible to manually add a new place (location) to Facebook Places?

I know it is possible to edit existing places, but how to add a completely new one, that is my question.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 07:22 AM

How Check-Ins Work
When you visit an establishment with your Facebook-ready mobile device in hand, use Facebook's "Places" feature to check-in to the establishment, which posts a message to your Facebook news feed indicating that you -- and any friends you "tag" -- are there. Checking in is a simple procedure: clicking or tap the "Places" icon, then select your current location from the list of restaurants, bars and other businesses that Facebook determines are nearby with the help of your device's built-in GPS.

Create New Place
In some instances, the place you want to check in doesn't appear in Facebook's list of available places. As a result, you can create a new listing for a place in your area. Once you create a place listing, it appears as an option whenever other Facebook users are in the vicinity, allowing them to check-in to the location without having to add the listing themselves.

Claiming a Facebook Place
Facebook Place also has applications for business owners. The first time someone creates a Facebook Places listing for your restaurant, bar or other establishment, Facebook creates a "Place Page," which includes only the name of your establishment and its location on a GPS map. When you "claim" the place page, you gain the ability to add pictures, details and other modifications to the page, which encourages users who check-in to it -- and their friends, who click on and view the details of their check-in -- to learn more about your business.

Advertisements
Claiming a Facebook Places page also allows you to create Facebook ads from it, which provides exposure to Facebook users in your area. When someone clicks the sidebar ad bearing your place name, they're taken to your place page, where they see a list of all users who've ever checked in as well as any posts they've made on your wall. This can be an especially useful marketing tool if the majority of users who check in signify satisfaction with your product or services in their check-ins.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply