This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My grades are so bad. Please help?
01-23-2013, 02:13 PM
My grades are so bad. Please help?
Hello, I'm a freshman in high school. And I'm struggling a lot with high school life. My grades are horrible, please don't make fun of me. I'm really smart, but I don't put effort to do my homework. There are so many distractions, like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.. I tried deactivating Facebook but I just keep ending up reactivating it. But anyway. The 4 basic subject classes I'm taking are: Comparitive Cultures, Algebra I, World Literature I and Earth Science. Then there's Spanish, Freshman P.E. and Video Communications. Currently these are my grades...
Comparitive Cultures; B- (81%)
Algebra I- D (66%)
World Literature I- F (59%)
Earth Science- B- (82%)
Spanish- C (75%)
Freshman P.E.- B+ (88%)
Video Communications- B+ (89%)

~ how should I schedule my homework? Because I can't play sports because of this thing called a "C" rule. And how do I keep myself away from Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 02:21 PM

Do all your homework RIGHT even you get home, then you have time to do whatever you want

Ads

As soon as you get home hid all distractions and sit down with your homework and tell your self if I don't do my homework right now I will die. Sounds silly at first but it helped me get rid of my procrastination. If you get stuck in algebra work watch online videos or if you really stuck use slader.com it has the textbook answers

Do your homework as soon as you get home. Don't procrastinate by telling yourself you'll do it later. If you get done with any time before bed then check your Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr. If you check these first you will never pull away from it.

Talk to your teachers about any way to pull up your grades especially world literature and algebra. A lot of times if you show the teacher your interested in changing your grades they will find something for you to do to bring it up.

I think you will do fine because you show an interest in changing yourself and that is the first step to change!! Good luck!!

Set a timer for yourself. If you need a 15 min. break after school, then take it. But never MORE than 15 min.! In that 15 min, get a snack, take a walk outside, do what you need to do to focus, then get all of your homework done. Delete distractions from around you, like putting your computer to sleep if you are tempted to go on facebook. What do you want to be when you grow up? Imagine you are working a key report at your favorite job, make it fun and interesting. The answer for facebook would be not to totally delete it right away, because then you might find something else to do like that instead. But you don't want to spend so much time on there. So ween yourself off of it, 40 the first day, 35 the next, 30 after that and so on. Make a schedule for yourself, but don't starve yourself of entertainment either (I did that for a while and it didn't work. I just got really depressed.) Once you finish your homework, you can do what you want for the rest of your waking hours but DON'T stay up late unless you need to to do a really good job on your homework. Take the extra step and you will be rewarded Smile Hope this helps.

Dude your grades are ether than mine. but then again I'm a junior. Don't be so hard on yourself!

You:

- Stay after and ask your teacher about your grades and assignments you can do to get them up
- Have a schedule like get home, eat a snack, and then do your homework
- Don't do anything fun until you do your homework