This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Phone and internet connection when abroad?
01-23-2013, 04:27 PM
Phone and internet connection when abroad?
Hello. I'm from Scotland (United Kingdom) and i'm with the mobile phone company "3". I have a contract out which has unlimited internet, minutes and texts. In April, i'm going to Poland for 4 days and in October i'm going to Vancouver, Canada for 2 weeks. Will i still be able to connect to the internet (facebook and twitter) with that exact sim card and contract without extra charges being put on or will it cost more? Or will it not be possible at all?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 04:35 PM

Well I'm not on '3' myself, but I think you'll need to check first of all that your account is enabled for use abroad, I am able to do this online, if you can't do that ring 3 customer service. Also, most providers offer packages for internet access abroad, which if you can't get wireless, is pretty handy, the charges for using your mobile WiFi can be expensive. It's worth bearing in mind how high you think your usage will be. I've managed without a package, by mostly using free WiFi that I've generally found to be widely available, however, availability will depend on where your going, I have no idea about availability in Poland or Canada, but a little research might give you an idea of what kind of availability you can expect. You'll also need to make sure that your phone has roaming enabled.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply