This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do i change my xbox live account from a child account to an adult account?
01-23-2013, 08:22 PM
how do i change my xbox live account from a child account to an adult account?
i'm 13 and want to access facebook, twitter and last.fm from my xbox. but obviously, i need an adult accounts. i dont want to make a new account because i have 7470 gamerscore. is there any way i can make my account adult without actually being 18? i live in the uk btw.
would it work if i changed my email address to one with the age set as 18?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 08:30 PM

just delete the account and make a new one.

Ads

I'm pretty sure you have to make a new account... I know how depressed you must be trust me.
I'm not to sure because I have a PS3 soo....

yes there is change the family setting of you xbox by going too the system setting and change it to uderground that way it can accept your download.

I don't think it matters if you are in the UK because the twitter/facebook thing is for north america only

what you have to do is go to MY XBOX on your main screen than go to your profile (where your avatar is and says latest games signed in and your gamerscore) select that than go to manage account first thing u will see is promote account.......The problem is so many people are doing it... its going to say sign up is unavailable sooo you might as well play some games til later

Sorry but no you can't. Once you actually are 18 you should be able to find an option on your xbox to upgrade your account to an adult account, but before then you are sadly out of luck. Why it is like this I have no idea. Since you only need to be 17 to buy an M rated game in the store why do you need to be 18 to download an M rated demo?

I don't understand why you need to be 18 to use Last.Fm or twitter or facebook in the first place. Seeing as how you don't need to be 18 to use those things on your actual computer.

I have the exact same problem, i'll be following this one.

Yes, you can get onto Facebook but not twitter.

To get facebook create a adults account. On that account download the facebook application.

On your main account go to memory -> games -> facebook and launch it from there.

Once it launches, you will need to log in with the account associated with your family settings. Change settings and enjoy.

Best time to do it is THIS weekend free xbox live 20-22nd Feb or in Europe 25-30th.

Xbox live tag :just stay dead