This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will having a Wikipedia article about me be enough to get verified on Twitte?
01-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Will having a Wikipedia article about me be enough to get verified on Twitte?
I am notable enough and have a Wikipedia article about myself. Currently I have 19,000 Twitter followers. I am not THAT famous, but I am a model. Will this be enough to get verified on Twitter?

Thank you!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 08:59 PM

Twitter is fairly vague on who they do and don't verify. Wikipedia's notability guidelines may differ substantially from twitters verification rules. Theodore Ts'o for example easily meets the Wikipedia notability guidelines https://twitter.com/tytso .

From the FAQ: "We do not accept requests for verification from the general public. If you fall under one of the above categories and your Twitter account meets our qualifications for verification, we *may* reach out to you in the future." (emphasis mine).

Including a twitter follow button from your website will make it easier to verify your account, and may be of influence in selecting your account to be verified.

Ads

01-23-2013, 08:59 PM

Twitter generally only bothers "verifying" people if there is a problem with people creating fake accounts. If you notice anyone creating copycat Twitter accounts then you should report them to Twitter. If they catch enough of these fake accounts, then they'll probably ask you to get verified.