This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why is it good not to have a twitter or facebook account?
01-24-2013, 05:42 AM
why is it good not to have a twitter or facebook account?
I was walking with my friend, and I asked her why she deleted her myspace, and she said "im tried of it, I don't have a facebook, twitter, myspace. whatever is out there i don't have it." And this man that was walking beside us, said "Wow, good for you." and she thanked him. And he said "no, really. good for you." Why did he say that, why is it good not to have those things?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2013, 05:50 AM

It's like a poison, Tongue the less time you spend sitting down staring at a comptuer screen, the more time you have to get up and go out to hang with friends in real life or make new friends. It's better for your physical and social health. However there are benefits of social networking sites, like finding a friend you met in a different state or country one time and wanted to get in contact once. I do karate and I go around the world alot going to tournaments and I meet neat people, so I keep a facebook account just for that. Tongue

Ads

He's probably some creep...

1) those are good ways for people to stalk you. 2) that means she won't be on the computer for hours a day on those sites.

Because they're ruining real life relationships. People even fight Facebook, even though they're in the same house. I've seen it.

And without any social networking profiles, there is nothing for a prospective employer to find.

A lot of people today post anything, ANYTHING, they do on facebook, twitter, myspace, etc. People lose jobs over this, because the potential employer looks at your facebook account and sees you acting like an idiot, all the time, and he doesn't think that much of you. People today are so tech-obsessed (and I'm no exception, even though I don't have any of those either) that it's just refreshing to meet someone every once in a while that actually chooses to call a friend, or go their house rather than just twittering it posting a comment on facebook.

Because people get wrapped up in them and it causes problems. Every time you put a status update someone in your millions of friends gets mad at something maybe you didn't invite them to go out with you or something so everybody is always in your business. Then you get people who ask to be your friend but you don't really like them or maybe they are just being nosy and want to see all your pictures or posts but when you don't accept them as a friend they get mad at you and you have to deal with that. Then you have friends that you get upset with and they start posting bad things about you and all that sort of stuff. It just can cause more problems than it is worth to some people.

I Learned this...

Myspace = High School Kids

Facebook = College Kids

Twitter = Drama Queens

it depends,there is alot of security reasons and
some people become to dependant on social networking sites.
i used to be addicted to myspace, i mean ADDICTED i would not get off for almost anything,
thankfully i now only cheq my messages and dont spend all day on it

it,s better to go outside and talk.