This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I selling my self short by joining the USMC? I'm a political activist?
01-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Am I selling my self short by joining the USMC? I'm a political activist?
I'm very very passionate about politics, I love school, and I love learning.
I want to be a politician, become governor, senator, mayor or representative.
I know I can do it, I am very serious and capable.
I made a twitter page and a sub domain website that's doing very good. I'm about to turn 18 I'm still in high school because I started early cause of my bday lol
I'm taking some college courses just because I love schoolSmile
Anyway I am planning on joining the U.S. Marine Corps I am also passionate about this and serving my country and being a politician is also a way to serve my country in my view.
My plan is go to school while in the Marines come out with at least a bachelors degree and use my G.I. Bill and go straight to school, major in political science and economics and maybe even eventually go to law school.
Because I'm joining the USMC this will take longer and there's is sooo much I can do and I'm capable of doing to advance my political career if I don't join.
And if I become a Marine I won't be allowed to be politically active.
Am I selling myself short?
There are som many veterans without a job :/
I had a teacher who was a veteran, working two jobs and because of financial issues he had to quit and eventually ended up in skid row.
I don't want that to be me.
But then again I love the USMC

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2013, 07:36 AM

Get a student loan. You will do yourself a favor. It is not YOUR COUNTRY, it the the country of corporate america. Why get killed or maimed for big business????????

Ads

Ignore Razor's Edge. His thought processes are dulled by his cat pain reliever habit. A non-exhaustive survey of his other questions indicates that he sees a conspiracy under every rock.

I cannot imagine why you are so up on politics. Politicians are viewed only slightly better than used car salesmen --- and with good reason. Notions that they have to pass legislation (e.g., Obamacare) so that they can see what's in it is a good example of why government is not working better.

The Marine Corps will be a good experience --- note I say a good experience and not always a pleasant one, especially if you are accustomed to a very sheltered environment. The Marine Corps will be very challenging, and you will have to learn to deal with the phenomenon of "hurry up and wait." If you are not currently a very disciplined individual, you will become one quickly.

You are proposing a very ambitious set of goals (Marine Corps, undergraduate education in polisci and economics, culminating in law school). If you could throw a medical degree in there somewhere, then you would have all the bases covered.

The Corps awaits you with open arms! ROFLMAO