This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can i get more business in painting motorcycles?
01-24-2013, 01:32 PM
How can i get more business in painting motorcycles?
I am starting a business in painting and doing bodywork on motorcycles only. How can i find the customers like what are some ways i can market.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2013, 01:40 PM

You should get an office.
Get ads in the paper, yellow pages and if you have the resources, the tv.
It's all about advertising and making the public aware of you.

Ads

01-24-2013, 01:40 PM

Be bold and let your work do the talking.

Find a salvage motorcycle and fix it up. Video the entire project and put it up on YouTube. You can do it in installments like a video blog. Do the gas tank first.

Have business cards made with your email address and the YouTube address of your project bike videos. Or just write the url and your email down on a stack of 3x5 note cards. Take the gas tank to every local motorcycle dealership in your area. Show the tank to everyone (mechanic, salesman or customer) at the dealership and hand them one of the cards. Start in the parts and service department and work your way to the front of the store. Since your repair project is underway, people can and will follow your progress on YouTube. You might also consider a Fan Page on Facebook.

If you can talk to the sales manager or owner of the motorcycle dealership, offer to customize a tank on one of their bikes and let them pay you when they sell the bike as long as they put a placard on, or near, the bike identifying you as the painter.

Once you've got the bike done, ride it to every "bike night" in your area and take it on every "ride" sponsored by those same dealerships you visited earlier. In fact, you want to be any where there's more than 4 motorcycles. Hand out "before" pictures of the bike with the url to your YouTube video on the back.

Good luck and good riding.