This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Macbook Air or Retina?
01-24-2013, 08:44 PM
Macbook Air or Retina?
I want to get a macbook for Christmas and I can't decide which one to get.
Air vs Retina!
I'm planning to get the 15" one, and could you just list pros and cons for the laptop?
I usually go on facebook, tumblr, twitter a lot, and i write a lot of powerpoints and essays.
I take pictures but not too often.
I like something fast that won't lag, and im looking for good quality, but not too expensive.
Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2013, 08:52 PM

MBA is cheaper. It starts at an 11" screen, and goes upto 13". The Retina starts at 13" and goes to 15".
The Air is lighter, but the Retnia has more power behind it. Retina has a MUCH sharper screen.

Both will suit your needs fine.

Happy holidays

Ads

I would recommend the MacBook Air. There is far too much hype about the MacBook Pro with Retina display. Very few people really need it, and those who do are graphic designers and professional photographers. You do not sound like a power user (don't worry, that's a good thing :-), so the MacBook Air will meet and exceed your needs. It is also a far more beautiful and sleek device than the Retina MacBook Pro. And of course - it's around $500 less.

air would be better